Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
☼
7,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, two of us are getting Sportlines soon. One of us has an 05 SES, and I have an 05 SE. Do we need anything else other than just the springs? Will this last as a long term suspension solution or are we gonna have to just replace everything within half a year? Thanks.

·
Registered
714 Posts
well going with the sportline springs.....i would reccomend getting shocks and struts cause the stockers won't last long with kind if drop.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
I would say a half year is a good approximate guess of the life-time of the stock suspension. It depends on the drop, the driver, and the roads.

I bothered to do the install twice. The stock dampeners will ride fine, for a while, Until you blow them. Then you will wish you had some Kyb agx's or koni's because driving 5 or 10 over the speed limit on a bridge or over a speed bump will make you wish you didn't have such a bouncy ride.

If you feel like doing 2 tear-downs for the suspension, go for it.
But if you have $300 extra to spare get some AGX's or any dampener of your preference...

·
aka The Wizard
8,950 Posts
no. its worth it.....
you just gotta do it the right way......
the drop you get from sportlines is soo sick looking its insane....
of course you car will handle like beast too....
trust me if you get the SVT you'll probably end up just wanting more...
trust me man they're worth it....
heres a pic for you(before the springs settled and the rears were installed):

front before:

front after (before settling):

if you still want to go with the SVT kit... go ahead... im just showing you what the sportlines look like.....

·
GO Green
11,148 Posts
yea, not to mention your ride would be horrible.....plus you live on long island, think about it AL lol. Either save up for whole kit or just go with the svt one. Then get a beefer front sway bar that would go with the svt kit, and you should handle pretty well.

Wait, uh oh, you have an SE....yours didnt come with a rear sway bar did it, no i think only the SES had the rear sway, im wondering how the cars going to handle now, you wont be able to put on the svt rear sway bar. That sucks[:(]

·
Registered
464 Posts
i have the sportline kit. and trust me its almost like your still stock. MEANING... its not harsh. the dampers help alot. you wont be bouncing around like crazy like im sure youve seen most cars do where they hit one small bump and they keep bouncing 2 miles later hahaha. its worth the investment. i wont lie, yea sometimes you hit a bump and its kinda hard but its not back killing hard. but what do you expect with a 2"-2.2" drop? its worth it buddy.

·
aka The Wizard
8,950 Posts
i actually just installed the rears today...
after settling a little (nice rough drive)
the gap is almost exactly as much as the front...
here's the best way to explain it...
take your index and middle finger....
put together that WON'T fit between my fender and the tire....
so yes its a very nice drop.....
and a rear sway will do you good (if you can get one rigged up somehow.....)

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
i have sportlines/ pro dampers but besides doing it for the look i really don't reccomend it. i've had mine on for about 20k miles and now i have no ball joints/ other bushings left. not to mention very bad tire wear (yes alignment is within spec) but it does look really good. i'm switching to the SVT kit in about 3 months as well as replacing control arms, all my bushings and sway bar end links. i probably won't enjoy the gap the svt kit leaves but it will last for as long as i still need the car without damaging or breaking stuff like the eibachs have.

·
☼
7,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah we got a deal.. 350$ for springs + install. I don't want to do it if I'm just gonna have to swap everything else out 6 months later.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts