Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I am looking at putting Eibach Sportlines on the M-18000-ZX3 Dampers for my 2002 ZX5

Does anyone have any pictures of the ride height with this setup?
What is the ride like?
Is this setup ok for winter?

I will be going in for Alignment after install, but is there any other advice anyone can offer?

Thanks a million! [driving]

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Yea, Pass on using those dampers w/ those springs. Get the Eibach pro dampers for those springs. If I'd known, I would of recommend the Eibach sportline system from tirerack, thats what I run. Those frpp's dampers are good to a 1.5'' drop & the sportlines are a 2/2.2'' drop. Look in my album pix in my profile for all my pix.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
^So eibach pro kit would be a better match to the dampers?
if you mean the 1.5'' drop springs.

Yea the pro kit= meaning the springs= then yea you can use those frpp's springs. Eibach has pro kit springs that are a 1.5'' drop & their sportlines are a 2'' drop. The Eibach pro dampers work w/ either spring or any spring except the H&R race springs.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
What about winter driving? is the sportline spring too low for that?
No, I don't have any issue w/ it. As you see I run dws on 17 svt 6-spokers all yr around. I would have gone w/ H&R's sport cup kit= 2.6'' drop, but I have a stealth muffler= 6'' diameter muffler & I didn't want to scrape it up. [twothumbs] Did you checkout my pix, in my profile?

·
Super Moderator
8,958 Posts
HR for daily will break your back, install your dampers and if you want new springs vogtland is another option.

Vogtland
Front: 125/154 progressive
Rear: 165/188 progressive
1.6" drop

and eibachs

Eibach Pro: 1.5”
F: 137 lb/in
R: 171 lb/in

Eibach Sportline: 2”
F: 131~262 lb/in
R: 102~171 lb/in

·
Super Moderator
8,958 Posts
HR for daily will break your back, install your dampers and if you want new springs vogtland is another option.

Vogtland
Front: 125/154 progressive
Rear: 165/188 progressive
1.6" drop

and eibachs

Eibach Pro: 1.5”
F: 137 lb/in
R: 171 lb/in

Eibach Sportline: 2”
F: 131~262 lb/in
R: 102~171 lb/in

·
Registered
459 Posts
What? To low for you, come on?
FTC, I'm normally of the same mind as you.... however, my son thought the same thing - for a while - we just picked up some Vogtlands for his car (2000 sedan).

Gravey, these are a 1.6 drop on the early cars (no need to change dampers - I've got two cars on Vogtland's, lots of miles over several years on each - right as rain), and as soon as we get them on, we'll post up pics so you can see what they look like.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Copied post #9 into here, it gives good numbers in one place for comparison.

Cheers

·
Super Moderator
8,958 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
FTC, I'm normally of the same mind as you.... however, my son thought the same thing - for a while - we just picked up some Vogtlands for his car (2000 sedan).

Gravey, these are a 1.6 drop on the early cars (no need to change dampers - I've got two cars on Vogtland's, lots of miles over several years on each - right as rain), and as soon as we get them on, we'll post up pics so you can see what they look like.
Awesome! Thanks very much. Where can I get some of these? and how much do they generally cost?

·
Super Moderator
8,958 Posts

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts

I'd change out your dampers, when your installing springs, as that'd be the smart thing to do.

·
Super Moderator
8,958 Posts
I'd change out your dampers, when your installing springs, as that'd be the smart thing to do.

yea its the smart thing but you can go plenty long without doing so. Depends on how much work you want to do and if you have the budget

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Do it once.

yea its the smart thing but you can go plenty long without doing so. Depends on how much work you want to do and if you have the budget
You said it^^^^^^ How much work vs your budget, plus don't forget about a alignment either. A= break down the struts & install your new springs on your old dampers, reinstall & align, knowing your going to have to bust them down again to replace your old dampers that you should have to begin with. B= Install your new springs on new dampers that'll work w/ the lowering springs & align. So what do you want to do? How much is your time worth + the 2 alignments as in A. If your on a budget, I'd do B. Get the springs & leave in the box till you have enough for the dampers that'll work w/ your new springs. I like the Eibach system= springs/dampers in one box that works together. I also like the H&R sport cup kit or the touring cup kit, all works together.

·
Super Moderator
8,958 Posts
If his suspension is like mine I don't think he needs alignment if our suspension is the same.

The strut goes to the hub, and the top. no touching the tie rods or anything. And the strut has a thing to make sure it goes on the hub right.

Quick disconnect sway and hub. Strut is a 1 piece plus spring and cap thing. Only one way the cap goes on.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts