Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wow......but it looks better for now. Honestly I just don't care what it looks like because I will be replacing the bumpers eventually...lol. IMO it looks better than the crack though.

rear bumper.... some idiot scratched the hell out of it and I was already painting the rest so I thought "Why not?"

well...... at least I did something.

KNOW WHAT? change of plans.....now I'm too lazy (and short of time) to actually post what goes where..... so I'll just say it and you'll figure it out (yeah when I get time I'll put em where they go, but this will have to do for now)

basically though, it's the crack in the front bumper, sanded, then filled with the Mar-Hyde bumper stuff, then priming, then painting, then.... what's pretty much finished (yes it looks like crap, I know that)

then it goes from the rear bumper (I didn't sand it......I have no idea what happened, just some a hole did it to my car when I got out of school I noticed this huge effing just like......rub, on the back bumper) but it shows that, then priming it (hey, at least I get a clean rear bumper now :)) then painting [thumb]

ok, then I got bored, and started spraying clear coat on all the black stuff, but then I liked how the grilles were really shiny so I added another coat [thumb] that's basically it. (enjoy mass of pictures)

·
Registered
784 Posts
Nice job on the rear bumper. The front could still use some work but overall it's not too bad considering. You've already attempted 99% more work than most people driving civics with primered body parts.

·
Premium Member
7,348 Posts
The back bumper actually came out really good, I couldn't tell that you did body work. Although like already said, the front still needs a little work.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
the rear fj plate holder could use some removing too

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
wow, i expected worse. that actually looks pretty good man. id be content with just driving it like that =p props man. great work.

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the rear fj plate holder could use some removing too
lol...... well I would've gotten an FF frame, but er..... well I was on FJ first and I need some frames pretty fast cause I hated the new state thingy that says "Life Elevated" wtf...... then like after I ordered em i joined FF (cause it was better, lol) then I was like "crap, I already ordered the other ones :p)

but..... thanks guys, the rear bumper I was surprised myself that it came out alright because I used Duplicolor's "Desert Sand Mica" color because the one can they don't carry is the Harvest gold :B

and yeah, front bumper....... I'm a little pissed off about it, I wasted the whole thing of filler (yes, deep crack and the bottles were leaking when they arrived :p) and it still didn't fill it. lucky for me I found some flexible bumper filler at a little body and paint shop when I was helping a buddy find some paint for his, whatever kinda honda it was...

so far though, at least it's just a bunch of dimples for now, and the lower grille insert won't fall out anymore (used to if I didn't have the plate frame on. lol.) ooh and tomorrow (well hmm, I guess that's today. lol.) I'll make a quickie shorty antenna [:D] (and I want to get some silver plastic paint so I can do the interior parts, some of them :))

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good work, not perfect, but a big improvement, extra credit for the DIY
thanks, definitely not perfect, but I'll go ahead and try it again some other time..... I don't get why it always rains right after I finish a paint job...

woot extra credit, could use it lol.

on a slightly related note.... I did the shorty antenna, only I couldn't get the ca off and it started to rain again so I just improvised lol. basically though, it's half length, and I found the perfect type of cap that fit right on the top and I painted it black. looks alright I think. will get a picture of that later....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts