Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so I have a 06' zx4 ST with the sport apperance package but I hate the way the spoiler looks so I want to change it. But I was needing to know how many holes will the old wing leave?

·
☼
7,494 Posts
You don't like it? I normally hate wings but for some reason that one sticks. I would guess around 4 holes, IMHO.. but I don't have it.

·
RespectMyAuthoritah!
7,102 Posts
I thought it was called the Street Appearance Package.......

I dunno about the holes, just pop open the trunk lid and look. I'm pretty sure a factory spoiler from the newer body style should fit......

·
I don't care
8,446 Posts
Most likely would fit, as long as the mounting holes don't overlap, etc...I bet there is someone out there with a regular decklid spoiler who'd swap with you in a second, if they can be swapped out.

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
find some one with out the sap spoiler and see if you can swap trunks

·
Registered
759 Posts
I get the feeling you can swap just the spoiler and not the entire trunk lid....

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
what color is you car? i would trade you my st spoiler for your sap wing in a heartbeat!

·
Registered
298 Posts
I live in Dallas, TX I would be willing to swap with you. But my car color is liquid grey. So you would have to get it painted. Otherwise we are close in location and would be easy.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
well, pm me and we can discuss the possiblities of this.

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
arrestmespi said:
find some one with out the sap spoiler and see if you can swap trunks
That is a great idea, of course the car colors would have to be the same but someone would get the spoiler and the other would get the normal trunk and not have to repaint, worry about the holes from the spoiler.

Great idea!!

·
I don't care
8,446 Posts
I've "hooked up" many STI and WRX customers who want to do the same thing. An easy way of swapping out, the only other thing you have to do is swap out the key/lock cylinders. Otherwise it's a pretty painless process.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Yeah, I was going to say, it's not uncommon among the RS/WRX/STI crew to swap trunk lids since one guy wants and STI wing on his 2.5RS and an STI guy wants no wing.

·
I don't care
8,446 Posts
^^^ Exactly, very common swap. I'm sure it'd work as well for a Focus, too. Then no painting is required, no chance of screwing something up unbolting a spoiler, etc.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well my focus got jacked up last night out here in dallas I was going through the high five and an 18-wheeler knocked one of those construction barrels out infront of my car and I hit it doin 75 and now its in the shop dunno how long it will take but I will pm yall who want the spoiler when it gets out of the shop

·
Fear the TurboSnail!
6,624 Posts
if it is the SAP spoiler i'll buy it off of you. Doesn't matter on the coler. That is was paint is for.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts