Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Rubber Side Down
2,415 Posts
Judging by the seller rating I don't see your reason for hesitation.
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Judging by the seller rating I don't see your reason for hesitation.
Posted via FF Mobile
My only concern was that the OEM part is around $600 for primed spoiler.

Where this one is $145 shipped for painted spoiler.

Is the OEM spoiler metal or something?

·
Registered
86 Posts
My only concern was that the OEM part is around $600 for primed spoiler.

Where this one is $145 shipped for painted spoiler.

Is the OEM spoiler metal or something?
It says "factory style" not factory, to me that is code for an aftermarket duplication. I don't have my focus yet so I couldn't tell you what the original is made out of.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah it is aftermarket. I guess this is my biggest fear that say a year or two the spoiler craps out and cracks or starts leaking. Unless the same dealer is around I will have 4 holes on my trunk that might not fit other spoilers...

Unless ofcourse it has exact mounting holes as OEM. Then worst case scenario, I just buy oem then.

Waiting for response from seller if it mounts exactly as oem part ill go ahead and bite. Worst case scenario then is pay approx. 700 for oem painted if it craps out a few years down.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using FF Mobile

·
Registered
636 Posts
I'd be more concerned as to what kind of paint and protectant they used as opposed to OEM. Material shouldn't matter given it doesn't do much, but if the paint all chips off after a winter I'd be pissed.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
you can get a factory primed spoiler for closer to $200 on the Ford Accessory site. Even cheaper from tousleyfordparts.com.

I think partscheap was the only place i saw the sedan primed spoiler for so much money and didn't understand why.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts