Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife's 2005 Focus 2.0 Duratec stumbled while on cruise[:(] The car has only 12000 mi on it. Could this be bad? Is there a reoccuring trend in these engines?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I am calling the dealer monday to see if the warranty will cover at least a check. LESS THAN 12000 mi[mad] [:(]

·
Registered
25,627 Posts
Sure have 'em check it, and if something ever does crap out, you have it documented. It may have just been a bit of crappy gas, but still at least have it looked at.

·
Registered
672 Posts
I call these instances "hiccups" I've had two instances 1) Driving on highway, car started light, fast skip, like going over the rumble strip on the side of the road. This continued for a mile or so. Being close to home, I pulled to a side road, and turned into a parking lot, let it idle, and it was ok after that. 2) Going down a long hill, the car conked out. I pulled into a parking lot with engine not running. Turned off the ignition, and tried to restart. Started right up, and drove on. I have an 03 2.3 PZEV. These problems never surfaced again. Wierd. I just figure that sometimes a combination of sensor readings (or interruption) cause these things. I don't worry about it unless it repeats itself.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
yes same answer most everyone gets we got lucky one time because one of the techs owns a foci and the problems happens to him so they know its there just they dont know how to fix it

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yes, known problem, I have it, happens sometimes it slower speeds also. Some people have gotten a reflash, but most say it still happens, supposed to be a TSB on the reflash, look in the duratec section under stumble/stutter or something like that. Mine has never stalled like PDQEagle's did, but it is like it misfires/stops firing for half a second, not always, but randomly 1-2 every couple of weeks.

When I reset my ECU it did seem to go away for a month or so.....
[???:)]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts