Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 Focus ZX3 that I added the ProCharger supercharger kit to some time ago. I do notice now that when we get a good bit of rain that the serpentine belt goes to slip some if water gets splashed up under the car. I was wondering if anyone has modified there original splash guard to fit; or if there is any other way to combat this issue? I have changed the belt a couple of times since I installed the kit. Also the pulleys are in good condition and the current belt is in good condition as well.

·
RIP 02 SVT 0209
3,944 Posts
you could always make a AL. cover that covers the whole underside with a hole cut to do oil changes and vents cut out to help with cooling ,kinda something like what the new Focus has under it

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input so far, I like the idea of the whole underside being covered volcomstone1966. I guess it would be a matter of figuring out where to mount it to now. I'll have to check out what the new ones have and see what kind of set up they have going on. Of course without looking I imagine it will be made out of some molded plastic type product like the regular splash guards.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Searching

Well, after a little research I have found out that some of the ZX3s and ZX5s from the next model year have a full under engine splashguard. So hopefully within the next weekend or so I will be able to get to the junkyard and find out if I can't get one. Hopefully there will be no issues with the engine Zetec and Duratec fitment. So heres hoping.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts