Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. This forum is for letting everyone know what your running for a system and what kinda SPL numbers your hitting. Pics would be nice to. I'm running one 10" infinity and hit 142.6. Pics are on the way.

·
GreyRice WOoT!
10,786 Posts
wow thats loud, what exactly does spl mean?
i might have my checked just for fun when i get it installed, ill be happy with 100+db [:D]

·
Registered
369 Posts
one 10in infinity? where was the senser and which meter was it metered on.

my 15in brahma was only beating 148.XX @ 35 hz on the AC190 with a bxi 1606 pushing it in a box with a tuning on 28hz, this was in a dodge shadow, not in the focus i would be happy with a 145 on a TL meter

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not sure what type of meter it was but the mic was on the dash and the sub amd amp are perfectly matched. The vehivle is comlpetely dynamated, and teh box is ported tuned to 34 hertz. I just won the single sub class at the local couple a couple of days ago. Beat out everyone including a couple 15" fella's. Everyone was shocked. But the focus's shape (when used properly) can produce incredible numbers out of even a small system.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Wow, I'm more of a SQL guy, but that is impressive for a singe 10 inch Infinity. Which sub is it? I'm assuming it is the Kappa Perfect (maybe the VQ?). I have the Kappa Perfect 12VQ and love it....

·
Registered
677 Posts
That does not sound right i just used a spl meter on my subs my spl meter was set with the weighting at A and I only hit 105 with the weighting set to C it hit 124 with my 2 600watt per sub audiobahns

·
Registered
76 Posts
im doing a147.5 with two 12 system

·
Registered
76 Posts
ican do a 146 on music

·
Registered
76 Posts
oh yeh that is on a term lab on the glass

·
Registered
369 Posts
thumper, what kinda subs and amp, and what kinda box tuning

·
Registered
76 Posts
low fortys dbxr dual fours <earthquake > d5 amp

·
Registered
168 Posts
Panic said:
That does not sound right i just used a spl meter on my subs my spl meter was set with the weighting at A and I only hit 105 with the weighting set to C it hit 124 with my 2 600watt per sub audiobahns
First, it's very possible.

Second, that's probably a radio shack analog dB meter, only good for basic measurements/tuning.

Third, I doubt you're actually supplying a full 600 watts to each subwoofer.

Fourth, it is all about the box and tuning it to your car

·
Registered
76 Posts
no as usuallsome people talk out of their neck if you want proof goto db drags.com and look in street c class and im ssb brunyansky and i do own a actual termlab meter not no bullshit meter

·
Registered
76 Posts
and yor right about the watts its acually 1250 per sub

·
Registered
677 Posts
I was a cheap spl meter so what it was not mine and no only 400 watts going to each sub, some of the # just did not sound right to me thats all. and my box is built to what my subs call for.

·
Registered
38 Posts
2 American Bass VFL12s and VFL150 pushing them 152.8 on the termlab on the glass!![ohcrap] the box is tuned to 45hz.

·
Registered
76 Posts
apolagy accepted remmargorp hey jaywiz are those numbers in you focus

·
Registered
398 Posts
I haven't installed it yet, but I plan on slapping a Brahma 15 with an Arc Audio 1500 amp (900 RMS, known to put out upwards of 1,100rms), going with fiberglassed spare tire box firing basically straight up. Have an arc audio for the fronts too, but anyway any idea what kind of SPL I should expect in a sealed box?

I have a zx3... and 125sq ft of rammat that will be going in too.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yep in my FOCUS!and thats why i've got the roof flex problem that i started a thread about,i'm looking for ideas on how to stop it WITHOUT loosing my headliner.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts