Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My second set of wheels I'm polishing. Time consuming but pays off at the end results. Amor I'm doing my 17x10/9 sc reps that were painted purple earlier this year. So I'm currently stripping them with aircraft stripper from oreillys that run 12.00 bucks a can in paste which is cheapest I found. I have only gone as far as stripping off majority of the rear wheels finish. I use a 3000 psi pressure washer to help with the process which makes it so much easier. Took me about hr to strip these as you see in pics. I will post my progress of the wheel polishing as I will be done on Friday.

Pics

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
wow, those look nice turned out great. Might have to try some of that to redo my wheels

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
aye, so far a lot better than the purple!

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I didn't. I don't think it messes with it. My ARE wheels I left stems on to and didn't do a thing to them either.

·
Hmmmmm
3,706 Posts
looks awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
REVOLT.BUILD.RISE
8,424 Posts
Just don't get that stipper on your skin it burns like a Mother F&%$er. I can't remember how much I payed for it but it's worth it. Those wheels look damn good too. Are you gonna leave em silver?

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
UPDATE: So I stripped the wheels down to the metal over the past few days. Today I got down and dirty polishing the wheels. The lips shined like the north start but the facing of the wheels werent working in my favor. Was horrible, giving it like a gunmetal polish look. Never had that happen. I turned to plan B which was my last option to paint the wheels temp till I could decide what I want to do with them. I also need to have the wheel come tomorrow for a big meet im going to. Well here at the pics. I only mounted one wheel since i didnt have time to mount all four and will have them done!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts