Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1001 - 1020 of 2607 Posts

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,002
Wake up damn it!

HEY! Take a chill pill. 2 hours of sleep is all I got. An SVT showed up at one of the local pick yards so I chose to go there instead of sleeping! Mach headlights, woohoo.

Anywho, onto the good stuff.

A friend of mine came up and bought some things and traded me another thing. MK3 digital fit Weathertech floormats. Believe it or not they fit almost perfectly! The rear mat in the middle sits up a little but I think overtime it will settle down. Driver side is a little looser than the passenger side but not by much at all. Overall I am happy with the fitment and they will stay in the sedan from here on out. Pictures below.

·
Super Moderator
8,853 Posts
Weather tech is about to get a miniscule spike in orders

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
they still haven't made them for my RRRRRRR...dem slackers could have my coin. :p
Look for husky liners maybe? I like them better.

That's a really great find though. (one thing I always wanted for mine too) I was stuck with cloth so I had to vacuum them constantly. You need to spread this to everyone with an mk1, Lol.

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,008
Yeah I have the all season universal fit in them but was looking for a bit more protection. These worked great in there. I may make a thread to share it for others. I emailed 3 different companies. Weathertech and Husky included, Weathertech never got back and Husky said it wasn't worth their time to make it for an "old" car. Guess the demand isn't high enough. I even asked about a group buy but they weren't biting.

Oh well...

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,009
Clunk in the rear is gone...turns out it was the sway bar I believe. Tightened it up and noise is gone.

The clunk up front is still there. I swear it's the end link but when I wiggle it, there is no movement or noise.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Clunk in the rear is gone...turns out it was the sway bar I believe. Tightened it up and noise is gone.

The clunk up front is still there. I swear it's the end link but when I wiggle it, there is no movement or noise.
Just change them. I had the same issue on my Mach and $20/set off of eBay. Money well spent. Noise be gone!!!

·
Old Phart
44,596 Posts
FWIW - you can't test the front end links without detaching at least the end of one of them, otherwise there's always some load on them that keeps even loose ones feeling better than they are.

·
Registered
482 Posts
^^^^^x2 dat man is tel'n da troof!

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,013
I have already replaced them once. 40K ago. So I guess I am due. Last time I could wiggle them still both ends attached. Tried with it jacked up and on the ground and no movement. Just annoying I guess.

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,016
Over bumps clunky noise. Only constant when hitting a bunch of bumps in a row haha. Driving down the highway or smooth roads it was fine. Could hear it on the gravel driveway. Not really when turning no.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
The dreaded endlinks. I went through a few, always passenger fronts... But you've went and got fancy pants massive parts so hopefully this is the last set you'll need.

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,019
Good info to know for anyone listening to their car.

New one looks nice. Do both sides?
Yes, both sides were done at the same time. Passenger side, then driver side. Always good to be a car listener when you fix things yourself. Not just throw parts at it. Though that is a good excuse to buy more tools...

The dreaded endlinks. I went through a few, always passenger fronts... But you've went and got fancy pants massive parts so hopefully this is the last set you'll need.
Yeah, the last ones even had grease fittings! So I decided to spend some money, I didnt want to.., to get the best I could buy. Because as you said, they should be the last pair I need. Really good quality as all parts they make. If I had to buy one more set it would have been the total cost to buy Massive's. So I said why not.

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,020
Huh, the rack really is functional.

Tent, chair, boots, flip flops, dirty clothes. The trunk had all the clean things in it. Sleeping bag, air mattress, pillows, clean clothes, tools. Was a good weekend.

1001 - 1020 of 2607 Posts