Focus Fanatics Forum banner

861 - 880 of 2598 Posts

·
Meh.
10,588 Posts
Pretty sure the carpet will swap over. Wheelbases are the same between the sedan and hatch so I can't imagine anything else would be changed.

Also, grab that dash and do an airbag delete. :) Or just us your old airbag cover and paint it.

·
It's just a Focus.
5,258 Posts
I'll take a bumper donation!

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #864 (Edited)
SPIinDisguise' SPI Build and Mod Thread

I'll take a monetary donation!

I took the buttons off the side because my car isn equipped with it. Bout looks factory. The SVT wheel looks nice. Ebrake handle next. Then the gas pedal, which I hear is a pain...brake cover will be easy though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #868
Not rocking drums anymore! New rotors and pads are about on the way. Going to go with centric rotors and Hawk HPS pads. Russel speed bleeders as well. Front and rear.

Some local guys came up for a couple hours yesterday to grab some parts off of the SVT's. Ended up removing the the whole moonroof assembly. Air tools are great.

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #870
Thats the plan! Got the door sills off the SVT today, gotta get the other disk brake on, the the sills, then the front brakes will be swapped as well. And I will be done.

Could have just swapped the whole rear subframe, then I would have gotten the SVT rear sway bar as well..apparently its only 6 bolts. Oh well...I may do it still, Unsure. The Georgia SVT has no rust whatsover so taking the bolts out would have been cake.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Less rust is always good. Plus you'd get the reinforced arms.
Sway bar swap on it's own is simple enough though.

·
Multi-Focusing
3,867 Posts
I can't wait to see the whole car when it's finished. [thumb]

Been following this thread for a very long time now. [cheers]

Page 1 really takes you back.

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #873
Thanks Mike,

I certainly never would have guessed the "build" would have gotten this deep. But i guess people are correct when they say the modding never stops.

The forum has been great for the ideas and knowledge that are on here and also good at making me clog the barn up with car parts EVERYWHERE.

More updates will be coming since it will be warm out this week.

·
Multi-Focusing
3,867 Posts
Well the wife and I enjoy watching your progress plus we've seen it at FF15 as well.

Also...when that SPI finally drops a valve we expect nothing less than an SVT engine/tranny swap lol....or else.

Still would like to see a ZTS wing on it too. [neener]

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Well the wife and I enjoy watching your progress plus we've seen it at FF15 as well.

Also...when that SPI finally drops a valve we expect nothing less than an SVT engine/tranny swap lol....or else.

Still would like to see a ZTS wing on it too. [neener]
I like the 05-07 sedan wing better (the little one not the sap). About the same but the ends are more square.

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #877
I don't really think I want a wing. I did at first. But I like being able to see the reflection of the trunk lid.

Glad some people lurk on the thread, feels lonely sometimes.

If it happens Mike, I would rather it be at focus fest so that there are guys who could help out on it for a 5 speed zetec swap to get me home. I have the body, brakes, and interior done. It's that engine...

SVT parts are to far and few.

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #878
Oh yeah, shiny centric pads and hawk HPS pads are on the way from CFM. had a message to call them when I could, apparently I had mismatching pads for front and rear. One for basically auto-x, the other for street. Got it cleared up, gave me a couple dollars back. And I think they shipped.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Oh yeah, shiny centric pads and hawk HPS pads are on the way from CFM. had a message to call them when I could, apparently I had mismatching pads for front and rear. One for basically auto-x, the other for street. Got it cleared up, gave me a couple dollars back. And I think they shipped.

I had and loved centrics + hps on my mk1. Should be amazing with the svt setup.

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #880
It's going to be so different. SVT rear end with the sway bar, SVT brakes all around, then recaros to sit in.

861 - 880 of 2598 Posts