Focus Fanatics Forum banner

61 - 80 of 2618 Posts

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
FreeFocus' SPI Build and Mod Thread

Well guys...I don't think the mounts were the problem. I think it was where the one piece(can't think of name) was dented in at. So got that hammered out and put back on.

Had the guys at the shop compress it down for me as my spring compressor was to big. So I will be returning it as I didn't even use it...that will pay for my front end alignment. Used a torque wrench for the first time. Had to good how to use it...lol

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417018060.709703.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417018081.760953.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417018120.216611.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417018130.523714.jpg
Old ones had some wear.

Last but not least, I just had to put a rim on to see what it looked like. Only fair since the wheel was off and it was jacked up. Don't laugh at the towels.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417018206.764868.jpg
Rocking the camber haha
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417018250.072893.jpg

·
Super Moderator
8,951 Posts
USE THOSE STANDS!!!!!! having the jack lay like that bearing all the pressure for extended periods of time will wear out the seals and cause a jack failure.... dont wanna be under there when it fails do ya?

anyways its good to know that you fixed it. what was hitting the mounts?

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
USE THOSE STANDS!!!!!! having the jack lay like that bearing all the pressure for extended periods of time will wear out the seals and cause a jack failure.... dont wanna be under there when it fails do ya?

anyways its good to know that you fixed it. what was hitting the mounts?

I WAS DONE!!! The stands were under the car the entire time. I had to take them off to get a better picture of that the rim looked like geez. And the jack was all the way down. There was no pressure on it. I was safe with everything I did. I wasn't under the car except to chsnge the oil last night.

Nothing was hitting the mounts.

In the above pictures where the spring was rusting. That was dented in for some reason and got that hammered out so the spring sits all the way against what it should now. Have to wait untill the rain to know for sure. Glad I did it myself and not pay an arm and half a leg for it.

·
Super Moderator
8,951 Posts
ok good, ya scared me for a bit... i was like DUDE, NO!! but ok cool.
i would think that those caps are cheap... i wouldve bought new ones. let us know when the rain comes!

·
Old Phart
44,595 Posts
Ah, so the cap wasn't rubbing anywhere - but it had been bent prev. so the spring hit the edge instead of settling into it smoothly.

All cool now is great.

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
I'm jelly of your rims. Your car is hawt. I just hate automatics with such a burning passion lmao. Its personal.
Thanks man! It still seems pretty normal to me, nothing too special about it. The car was a great deal so yeah next car is a stick.

I am dying to get the rims fixed up and put on in the spring in time for some meets and other things. Rims change the appearance, that's for sure.

Ah, so the cap wasn't rubbing anywhere - but it had been bent prev. so the spring hit the edge instead of settling into it smoothly.

All cool now is great.

Yep hit the mashed in piece out, hopefully that solved the issue, no need for new mounts. Had to take it all apart anyway so may as well change it.

The guy said it was made like that from factory? Which is odd to me...why would they do that. But they were identical.

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Front end alignment and use of spring compressor + new strut mounts= $100

Cost for shop to do it=$260

Strut mounts were still good, no need for any of it=priceless

So I saved $160, and it ended up being those indented pieces that were the problem.

Now I know more about the car, which was nice.

Fuel filter is next, dipping the roof.

·
Super Moderator
8,951 Posts
nice, GL with the roof! i eff'd up my rear window. im going to pay someone to do my rear

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
nice, GL with the roof! i eff'd up my rear window. im going to pay someone to do my rear

Thanks. I need a couple hours. Don't want to rush it.

Yeah that's the biggest thing you will see. Plus it's important to see out off. 20% will be nice with headlights at night.

·
Super Moderator
8,951 Posts
Thanks. I need a couple hours. Don't want to rush it.

Yeah that's the biggest thing you will see. Plus it's important to see out off. 20% will be nice with headlights at night.
im not worried about the front, leaving that un touched... its the sides are rear that are worry some... lets move this convo to general car chat.

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
Free...I'm hoping your thread hasn't turned to the chatter room you didn't want it to become

You could edit your post to something relevant to prevent that from happening.

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
No big update.

-In the process of dipping my roof black, pictures to come up when it is complete...its bad right now...
-Rain deflectors came in yesterday, yes they are in-channel AVS dark smoke.
-Waiting on an email for fixing my 2 bent SVT rims.
-Red electrical tape to go over the blue part on the SRI.
-Still waiting on Euro Headlights to get here, Euro grill is sitting in my room waiting as well...
-Still thinking about yellow HID's for my fogs.
-Fuel filter done sooner than later, its rolling around in my trunk.

Christmas break is going to include installing Cruise Control to Betsy. We will see how that goes. Still have to research that.

·
Wit Da Silva Bullit
4,609 Posts
Yellow fogs fit every car

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
I like to be different. Yellow is different, until you get to a focus meet, then its all YELLOW.

·
The ImpoSTer
2,285 Posts
Haha so true. I plan on doing a porsche style LED foglight. Where there are four leds or so in a square pattern.

61 - 80 of 2618 Posts