Focus Fanatics Forum banner

501 - 520 of 2598 Posts

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #501
"Boom goes the valve seat" (blow my mind, SPI style)

Ok thats not even remotely funny^^^

Getting heavy in here.

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #503
Ok everyone...here comes a long read, filled in with some good pictures and trip statistics on my way to FocusFest 2015.

The Monday night before was when the detailing started for the long journey down. As always it starts with a wash, then to a clay bar. Didn't really need it but who cares. Got the 10FX out and used the V34 and V38 series compound and polish from Chemical Guys. Actually everything i detailed the car with was from CG. Then, went with some M-Seal, Wet Mirror Finish Glaze, and finished it up with 2 coats of Butter Wet Wax, all by hand because its the only way to do it. Then, went around the whole car with a toothpick, yes a toothpick, and removed all the dried wax. Overkill...maybe. Worth it...yes...Can't forget the tire shine and glass cleaner! Pictures before I left the the trip.

Of course I get down there...after 7 hours...and the car is dusty and dirty, but not as bad as Tim and Tim (Young and Focus) was from Canada! Talk about the amount of protein he had on the front of his car!! The trophy for winning "Farthest Driven" was a no brainer, only 2400 miles, he had to do the conversion. He was a great guy to talk to, as was everyone else. Wasn't afraid to show is Canadian love either with that shirt and shorts, I just had to chuckle!

Also was able to meet some other guys like Mike and his wife from Colorado (AFocusedFamily), very cool guy as well, down to earth and real relatable and easy to talk to. He won awards at Fun Ford and FF so I give a congrats to him for a great looking car.

Met a couple more members from the FX group, Kyle (TheBlueOval) gets a round of applause for pulling in some awards well, great looking car man!

It was great to put faces and real names on some usernames, many of which I won't remember I admit. But I was able to meet Tom (Tom) Lou (Loubomb), Lowflyin, STChick13, Daniel (akadeebroad(something like that), Dustin (V8 Wagon), Mike (Shade-010, RDC), and many others, sorry i can't remember.

Everyone had kind words for the lowly SPI ha...Seemed the white wheels really gave me away, but in a sense it was cool being walked up to and hearing I have a nice clean car and they like what I have done to it. So again, thanks to everyone who walked up to, much appreciated![headbang]

ON TO FocusFest!

I did all the math just for kicks and giggles on mileage and gallons, blah blah blah. The SPI did very well.

It was a 7 hour drive down about. I didn't end up caravanning with anyone so it got sort of lonely and my back hurt. But you can't beat cruising at 80 with the radio cranked and windows down.

Betsy ended up adding 980 miles to the odometer, only used 30 gallons of gas. Giving me an average of 32.666 miles per gallon, not bad for a 13 year old car!

The final count ended up being around 140 Foci at FF, there were only 2 MK1 sedans and only one SPI....But it was neat having an older car because they didn't all look the same, they were unique. I would venture to guess over 90 were MK3 ST's, and one Sedan ST. Yep you heard it and have probably already saw the post on Twenty's website. But Mike did it, sounded great, I think he ran around 13 seconds on the drag but I am not positive on it. So congrats to him for being the first.

Plenty of cars were there but I didn't take as many pictures as I thought I did.

It was so hot, pretty humid, and very sunny. FF had a tent, as did the other 19 sponsors. Well thought out. Drag racing, Auto-x, and the car show were all a big hit. Definitely coming back next year, wherever it may be, great time with great guys.

Had a pizza buffet for awards and raffle from the sponsors. There were some great looking cars..not some..A LOT, so i didn't think I stood a chance to be in the running. But we go to have fun, not to be mad we didn't get anything. So when you win its very surprising. Driving a car everyday, I guess you get used to seeing it how it is and not thinking it's that special. Its good having another person see it who doesn't see it often.

But Betsy ended up with two awards, I was amazed. There were at plenty of cars I would have chosen to go in front of me, but it wasn't my decision.

Ford representatives were there for Ford Fun Weekend so they handed out awards, from them I took home Class Winner 2015 for 2000-2007 Focus unmodified (less than 3 engine mods), but I was the only one running in that because everyone knows how great the AM is for the SPI...I'll leave it at that.

The other was sponsored by Focus Power. The way I understand it, it was a best of show for our model year, sedan, hatch, wagon all included...I think. Could be wrong. But I managed to get Second place for Class 2000-2004 FocusFest '15.

There is no doubt I missed some things, forgot some people, or little things here and there. Should have been there to experience it all. Awesome time, definitely worth the time to go and see everything.

But it all came at a price...the roads were very rough down there..and my window mount and regulator on passenger side broke going from a road to bridge section..So some cardboard shims are holding the window up till i can get to the pick yard.

Thanks for reading if you made it all the way down.

·
The ImpoSTer
2,285 Posts
Congrats again on the trophies. Always a pleasure hanging out with you.

·
Super Moderator
8,853 Posts
It's ok panda

One day if either or both us go. We can autocross.

Awesome trophies Jeff.

·
TARBO-PANDA
4,910 Posts
I want to compete for permanent work in progress...lol

Though some autox would be fun with her. She's only been to track track. I've done cones before with my old car but I'm more visual than cones...lol.

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #509
SPIinDisguise' SPI Build and Mod Thread

I would love to go to FF at least once. Congrats on the awards dude!
It's a blast, even if you go by yourself, everyone accepts you and are great.

NOICE. I wouldn't be able to compete with that clean car -- or "unmodded" beast. lol :)

Sounds like a bit of fun though.
Oh beast it is haha. Thanks, keeping it clean pays off.

Congrats again on the trophies. Always a pleasure hanging out with you.

And with you Kyle, hopefully we make it to an FX meet for ST/SVT front bumper pictures.
It's ok panda

One day if either or both us go. We can autocross.

Awesome trophies Jeff.
It looked fun, don't think the brakes would have held up though.

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
8,853 Posts
I bet they would. I'm on old OEM stuff. Well stainless lines.

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #515
Bahahaha!!!

No way, that's not my style. I do have some things planned to mimic the ST's. We shall see how it goes in the coming months.

·
Super Moderator
8,853 Posts
Lol took you awhile to do the few things you wanted but it was well worth it.

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #519
Yeah...winter time with sand and eats at roads,, gravel chips..nah Ill pass.

Well the buying spree has begun...

Heading to the pick yard tomorrow and play surgeon with the window.

501 - 520 of 2598 Posts