Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 40 of 2617 Posts

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
So people say get new wheels, it will make the car better....so I did!
Picking up sometime next week hopefully!!!!

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
FreeFocus' SPI Build and Mod Thread

Theblueoval said:
He isn't a very fast driver anyways according to him so I think he will enjoy the visual upgrade of some nice wheels more than he would a tune. What wheels are you planning on getting?
You are correct sir, speedy Gonzalez days are done for now. I would like a tune as well but not needed necessarily.

Plan on some SVT ones. Getting 5 of them, have some rash and maybe a bend or to. It will be a nice winter project to get them looking good by spring for new tires.

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I saw that a while back. I'm passing on that one. Getting to rice for me. I like the flat spoilers or low ones.

I know it's a great price but just don't want it.

·
The ImpoSTer
2,285 Posts
Good point. So are you going to paint the svt wheels black?

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Im unsure what I want to do yet. If I do go that route and paint them, I will sand blast, jb weld, the whole nine yards to get it looking good again. I don't know how bad they are.

I will post up pics and maybe do a poll.

Good to see you have 500 posts, I can nominate you for ROTM now.

·
The ImpoSTer
2,285 Posts
Im unsure what I want to do yet. If I do go that route and paint them, I will sand blast, jb weld, the whole nine yards to get it looking good again. I don't know how bad they are.

I will post up pics and maybe do a poll.

Good to see you have 500 posts, I can nominate you for ROTM now.
Definitely pays off to take your time. Haha finally hit 500 after all this time. I don't think my car will be nomination worthy until next year though. My goal is to try and make it in the running one time though.

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415998200.699261.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415998219.401332.jpg
How much fun is this!

3 cans black plastidip
2 cans glossifier
Roll of electrical tape
Sample sound mat
Fumoto oil drain
24x60" black glossy vinyl

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Most likely thanksgiving break is when everything is happening.

New strut mounts
New fuel filter
Wrap some interior in vinyl
Change the blue SRI to red
Sound may cause free
Oil drain when needs new oil
Plastidip and glossify the roof

That all is going to happen.

·
Super Moderator
9,527 Posts
Gee, I wonder who gave you two of those ideas. You're going to love the Fumoto valve. I had one installed on the truck awhile back and it definitely was a lot easier. The one I have for the truck is able to have a hose attached to it so I can drain it down into a pan a lot easier. The one I got for the Miata is the same way. You will also get to see how the Plasti-Dip turned out on my hardtop tomorrow as well. Just make sure when you do spray it, that it's not on a windy day lol.

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Gee, I wonder who gave you two of those ideas. You're going to love the Fumoto valve. I had one installed on the truck awhile back and it definitely was a lot easier. The one I have for the truck is able to have a hose attached to it so I can drain it down into a pan a lot easier. The one I got for the Miata is the same way. You will also get to see how the Plasti-Dip turned out on my hardtop tomorrow as well. Just make sure when you do spray it, that it's not on a windy day lol.

Hey now. One idea was from you. Which was the valve, and yeah I think I am, it may take longer to drain but saves the hassle of warm oil making a mess on te floor and running down my arm. My focus is lowered and just wanted to be safe, so no hose fitting. Not a big deal though.

I've been wanting to do the roof for a while now. Before you lol. That idea sorta came from Luis. When I do it, it will be in the heated barn at about 65 degrees. No wind issues there.

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #35 (Edited)
FreeFocus' SPI Build and Mod Thread

Went to a meet with focus Xtreme yesterday. Was a blast. Awesome to put faces on usernames. All showed up about the same time too, brrr chilly!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416178711.593225.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416178725.555502.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416178751.550092.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416178760.990569.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416178770.177360.jpg

Played with my roll of vinyl to come. Gonna look good when I find stuff to use it on. Not any good pictures right now...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416178836.908215.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416178852.814303.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416248817.259798.jpg
The look is growing on me. I have 2 more things to do on the door. Only screwed up once so far. Liking it better than the dip on there. Ideas?

·
The ImpoSTer
2,285 Posts
Looks good man! You'll have to show me how to wrap I have a lot of interior pieces and the spoiler that I want to do but I'm a little nervous. Glad you could make it out yesterday also!

·
Floods suck.
5,296 Posts
I see meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. lol

It was great seeing you yesterday. I can't wait to see what else you do to the car. I have the sneaky suspicion that your car will look even more different by the time we have meets again next year.

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I see meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. lol

It was great seeing you yesterday. I can't wait to see what else you do to the car. I have the sneaky suspicion that your car will look even more different by the time we have meets again next year.

Haha yeah. I noticed that earlier. Couple people were in my way lol.

Oh yeah, it will be different all right. Maybe not for SIF, but for focus fest it will for sure.

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416248287.705457.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416248297.436340.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416248307.457459.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416248319.229451.jpg
The vinyl feels awesome to the touch, much better than the dip that is on there. I also did some of the caps under the hood. Going for a red and black look, no other colors.

The vinyl got easier the more you worked with it. First try was a disaster.
-cut out piece large enough to cover what you want.
-I found it better to heat the vinyl first before peeling the back off, makes it more malleable.
-peel off backing, place object in the middle.
-Easiest for me to start in the middle and work my way side to side from one way to another.
-keep heating it with a heat gun or hair dryer to manipulate easier, keeps wrinkles out as well.
-once you see how much you need, trim off the extra, leaving 3/8" for an edge.
-heat the edges really good and then hold down with hand for 20 seconds, after that, find any more wrinkles, get them out.
-install in car
Only needed scissors, vinyl, heat source, something to wrap.

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Alright guys, gigs up. Here is what I got. So yes,
I have some euro headlights on the way to Match this grill.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416269395.258522.jpg

And 5 of these things to clean up and put on in the spring!!!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416269478.425818.jpg

And an SVT rear sway bar thrown in as well. Thanks Brennan!!

21 - 40 of 2617 Posts