Focus Fanatics Forum banner

2581 - 2598 of 2598 Posts

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,584
That was a monster low end with the stock turbo, but the new curve is better. Is the rev limiter set a little lower now?
The rev limited acrually went from 6600 to 7k, it pulls all the way to 6700ish before it starts to fall a little.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

·
So mote be it
8,804 Posts
That was a monster low end with the stock turbo, but the new curve is better. Is the rev limiter set a little lower now?
lol tires dont stand a chance with the low end instant tq of the stock turbo. I'd much rather have 300tq from 3500-6500 with hp climbing the whole way. Car has to be such a hoot right now for Jeff :)

·
Thats What She Said
10,667 Posts
Had a V8 RWD conversion, V8 got swapped out and put a turboed Duratec with a Ranger Transmission (IIRC). This is Dustin's V8 wagon, which is now a Duratec RWD wagon.

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,590
what is the story behind this one?
Dustin Ewers. Screen name is Disciplerocks I think. Had the v8 rwd the last 2 years. Started this project in April. Still not running correct due to vacuum lines, but drives. Just no reverse.

Hooked up to a ranger trans. Pretty cool build to surprise everyone with.

·
It's just a Focus.
5,258 Posts
Such a good time this year. Honestly cried for 15-20 minutes when I got home. I always look forward to it each year. I'm super happy you won best in show this year too, it was definitely well deserved! The amount of time, sweat and tears that have gone into your car is incredible. I can't wait to see what happens next.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Aww, Bummer i Missed it this year! At least there was no dropping of oil caps XD
If all things go properly, I might have a wicked build for next years FF.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Thats What She Said
10,667 Posts
But the “hidden” nostril for the intake. Inlet temps go back up? guessing its winter so not likely much of an impact?

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,597
But the “hidden” nostril for the intake. Inlet temps go back up? guessing its winter so not likely much of an impact?
I haven't had a chance to watch it, only been out twice since I fixed the turbo clamp again.

2581 - 2598 of 2598 Posts