Focus Fanatics Forum banner

2561 - 2580 of 2611 Posts

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,562
Got the new intake painted, one rattle can red, one rattle can clear.

Sand and polish in a week when it is fully hardened.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

·
FUBARCUS
7,764 Posts
intake looks great! Painting the engine bay black or respraying to match the car and freshen up?

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,565
intake looks great! Painting the engine bay black or respraying to match the car and freshen up?
Respray to freshen up and fix some stains and low spots.

·
Thats What She Said
10,703 Posts
Congrats! Car looks good. Now to see what you have up your sleeves for FF.

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,569
Congrats! Car looks good. Now to see what you have up your sleeves for FF.
Haha just keep it clean, nothing special.

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,571
Time to add some things I suppose.

Since FR...I had gotten my Ford Nationals plaque for finishing second in the people's choice.

I took the tein springs off the front of the car and replaced them with the H&R springs, little higher and stiffer, much better ride for me.

Third picture is the squad together after a fresh wash, ecoboost family.

Why is everything off the car? I was chasing ground issues, I ended up finding it. But if you were curious about the symptoms.....
-wipers would kick on at any given time and I couldn't turn them off
- if I had my headlights on, and the wipers kicked on, it would turn the headlights off.
- when the headlights didn't work, the windows wouldn't go up and down.
- it was going on for 5-6 months but becoming more frequent, so I had to do something about it or I couldn't drive at night in case it acted up.

It was time to go big turbo, I bought a used 2867r, and I head down to JST in GA the first week of August for tuning. I'll be sure to post here what it makes.

For the trip, I'm taking the slipstreams off and putting the Team Dynamic wheels on, which I think I am liking more and more....

Last picture. Everything you see has an 2.0 ecoboost in it, whether from factory or swapped in.

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,574
Big turbo is going to be fun. It should move up your power band some, so that might actually help with traction vs the instant tire breaking tq of the factory turbo. The car is going to be a beast when it comes to roll racing.
So even on the base tune, it makes the same power on 16-17 pounds the stock turbo on 25 does. But there is much more lag and it is kind of nice because I don't hardly spin at all. Granted when the power gets turned up I probably will. We shall see. I like it so far.

·
So mote be it
8,889 Posts
So even on the base tune, it makes the same power on 16-17 pounds the stock turbo on 25 does. But there is much more lag and it is kind of nice because I don't hardly spin at all. Granted when the power gets turned up I probably will. We shall see. I like it so far.

Sent from my SM-G925V using FF Mobile
Yeah i have a low boost and then high boost map on mine at the moment. The low boost is pretty similar peak hp as the stock turbo, hits just under 18psi. then the main tune hits in the 24psi range, what a difference when that power comes on. Yeah, you'll most likely be able to spin at the top of second and maybe even 3rd but you'll figure out how to get the power down.

You are going to love it, pulling hard to redline is the best. Ive been in the process of revisions on a new tune so i can finally turn on port injection, the waiting is killing me.

·
Thats What She Said
10,703 Posts
Big Day and a lot of power now for that FWD. dont recall but you have a LSD right? will need one now :)

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,578
Big Day and a lot of power now for that FWD. dont recall but you have a LSD right? will need one now :)
No LSD, it also doesn't spin.

2561 - 2580 of 2611 Posts