Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I have what may be a very stupid question to all that are mechanically enclined. I own a 03 Focus ZTW wagon with Zetec and a 02 Focus SE with SPI. I drive the 02. The wife drives the 03. Besides 16v vs 8v, are there any other major differences. Like are the Zetec's more reliable or are they just more powerfull?

One other thing. I'm only getting 325-350 km's to a tank of gas in the city. Seems like I should get 400. Can anyone help me with these questions.

Thanks,

CB
[:)] [:)]

·
GreyRice WOoT!
10,786 Posts
well spi is a overall better engine, its just slower then the zetec
for gas milage i get around 300-350 per tank but thats b elight on it, i avg about 300 miles a tank, or abotut 28mpg in city with 20[percent highway.

so yea zetec<spi in all but power and aftermarket parts

spi is the cvh engine which is known to be a great engine that can easliy get 200k miles or more...

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
i get way over 400 miles to a tank on the highway. and I make more power then a stock zetec, woot to p&P though expensive

·
Registered
690 Posts
and dont forget that the spi has been blessed with an iron block where as the zetec has the aluminium block. on my spi motor i am able to average about 30-32mpg on a tank of gas, or about 370-390 miles on a tank of gas with 85% city and 15% highway.

·
Registered
818 Posts
blueoval said:
and dont forget that the spi has been blessed with an iron block where as the zetec has the aluminium block.
Nope, Zetec is iron to.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ya, I must be doing something wrong as well, cuz like I said, I'm getting 350 Km or less which is less then miles so I'm really doing bad. Maybe my o2 sensor is in need of replacing.
CB

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
I shift at 2k and run at about 55mph this was long open highway driving, every day I get approximately 36mpg, but 42 mpg highway

·
GreyRice WOoT!
10,786 Posts
i get 27mpg in city, with about 60-80 miles of highway, anythign else i can do oto get more, other then the tune which im eventually gonna get...

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
I just got back from Canada. Here's my stats-

Straight highway the whole time, hit traffic in Vermont so my speeds ranged from 15mph-95mph. I would say my average was about 75mph, so yeah this is above what I should be driving to get optimum miles per gallon.

Got to Canada with just under 1/4 tank left and 300 miles on the odometer.
So I would guess about 330 miles to a tank going 75mph.
Leaving me to believe its about 360-400 miles to a tank going normal speeds.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
o yes, keep in mind that turning your car on and off is the biggest waste of gas, so that may be hurting everyeones stats.

I have a lead foot that hurts me alot.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts