Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SPI vs 06 Civic vs Japanese Spec Skyline

There I was...

At the stoplight.. Me, in a borrowed wicked bone stock 2000 SPI ATX..on my left a brand new 06 Civic with dealer plates, fresh off the Yokohama boat, and on my right, a Japanese spec Nissan Skyline GT-R, steering wheel on the right and everything. I tell my three passengers, "OH YEAH! Throw it down. We gots ourselves a race! It's gonna be close, beeee-atch!" I give three honks to my competitors. Yeah, they know the code. The dude in the Skyline looks around. "Oh yeah, you sees me, chump." I rev the SPI. The driver in the Civic is a woman, probably some VIP, major player.

"Dude," says my bro T.J., "That's Diane Hedrich, she's big time."

"Whatever, she'll be lookin' at my taillights with a pair of binoculars when I done with 'er." The light turns greeen. I've been reving the engine to maybe 6,000 rpm in neutral. I don't know, 'cause the tach is busted. I slam it into "D"... The Skyline is already two or three car lengths ahead. "Chill, my brothers," I scream over the engine. "The SPI is all about top end. We'll be creeping up on them any time now." The Civic has stalled. "See," I says. "It's all about the driver. That Rice cooker got unplugged."

The Skyline is maybe eight or ten car lengths ahead. I dunno. But what's this? We're catching up! In fact the tail lights on the Skyline are red...the right one is blinking. What's he trying to tell me? We pass the Skyline as it turns into Jack in the Box. Giving up so soon, huh. Thought so.

"Beee-atch!" screams T.J. "Your rice has been smacked. ...And get me a double bacon 'n' cheese..stat!" Jeff, in the back seat has pointed out that the "06 Civic" might just actually be
a new Hyndai Tiburon and the driver is actually his ex, Donna, not drag racing legend Diane Hedrich.

"Your eyes are deceiving you, Jeff," I clarify at the next light. That was just G-forces causing you to hallucinate. SPI...I gots to get me one of these."

Well, not really. [;)]

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Seems that you have never driven one that has had some work done to it. Please go back to whence you came and never return. Bye bye!!

·
Cashed in my chips
2,837 Posts
well, I thought it was mildly amusing, at least slightly more so than most of the attempts at humorous fictional racing accounts.

I especially enjoyed the decent grammar/spelling

the use of punctuation that made sense was an additional perk.

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
revamp said:

That is true but on the other hand, as a fellow SPI Tuner and as the SPI KING of L.A. I say.........................

Screw you!!!
[joke]

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
revamp said:
well, I thought it was mildly amusing, at least slightly more so than most of the attempts at humorous fictional racing accounts.

I used to be an English major before I turned into a Focus site troll.

·
RespectMyAuthoritah!
7,097 Posts
focusin said:
as a fellow SPI Tuner and as the SPI KING of L.A........

Not for long [8]

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
SVT4ME said:
Yeah, for the time being. Part of the job, you know? I'll be back in the states in a couple months. It's ALL rice burners out here...more or less. Very few of the Japanese drive full size American trucks, Chevy Astros and old school Impalas. The roads are really too narrow for them.

I used to drive a 3 cylinder turbo Suzuki Jimny. You all complain that the Focus 2.0 has a governor at 108 mph. My Suzuki cut out at 108, too.. 108 kilometers an hour!...what is that, like 65 mph...ha.

No, there's good (fast) cars out here for cheap... It's just really difficult and/or expensive to take them back.

It will be nice to drive on the right...uh..correct.. American side of the car again..in my ZX5.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Haha, I found that story to be quite intresting.

DjOtaku

·
RespectMyAuthoritah!
7,097 Posts
Q

focusin said:
I dont plan to ditch my focus, so I will continue my reign as the King

We'll see there buddy boy!!!!lol

·
RespectMyAuthoritah!
7,097 Posts
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm maybe [:D]

·
Registered
296 Posts
I beat a z06 'vette with my 2.0 PZEV duratec....what are you guys saying, this story here is a fake? 20% car, 80% driver...

chill...i never raced a z06 ^_^ and never would bother lol.

·
RespectMyAuthoritah!
7,097 Posts
I'll slap my SPI Badings on my Zetec and some decals on the side and we'll be ready to go.....except i'll have to drive there and whatnot....lol...only a technicality

1 - 20 of 24 Posts