Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I recently bought a 03 focus with a blown SPI engine as a project car. My goal is to do a zetec swap and have a running daily driver car for my wife as cheaply as possible. I have a few questions regarding the swap.

>Mine is an 03, so from what I have read I should get an 02 or newer engine donor car to make my life easier.

>There is a 2002 focus with a good, low miles engine I can use as a donor car about 4 hours drive from where I live. It should have everything I need for a good price. Problem is: My focus is an auto and the donor car had a 5 spd. The 5 spd transmission from the donor car has already been sold. How much of a problem will this be for me? I want to keep the auto trans from my current car. My ultimate question here is what additional parts will I need if I swap the zetec that was mated to a manual transmission into my focus with its auto transmission over and above what I would need if I did an auto to auto swap?

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
You will need the ECU, Keys and wiring harness from an automatic IIRC

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Starter?

Thanks for the replies! What about the starter, some things I've read have indicated that the location of it may be different as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts