Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2000 focus has thrown me a curve ball!
While returning home on the freeway @ 70mph it lost power like the ignition had been turned off.
As I was diving for the shoulder and letting off the throttle, I noticed the engine running again, but only if I kept the throttle down far enough to maintain 40~45 Mph in 4th gear.
When I tried to accelerate beyond that it would power off again!
I managed to nurse it 30 miles to get it home, but by that time I was down to maybe 15 Mph and could barely get it to move from stop signs.
Now that its home it will barely idle (roughly) and smooth out at about 1500RPM with a slight feathering of the throttle, but it will still stall if I try to rev it at all beyond that.
My first thoughts were fuel pump and or filter, but the new rough idle and 1500 rpm feather seem to point elsewhere.
I have checked to see if I have any vacuum leaks, but I haven't found any as of yet.
Does anyone have any thoughts on where I should start looking?

PS It has the IB5 man 5spd trans.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK I have plugged in a scanner and have pulled these 3 codes:
P0113-Intake air temp circuit high input
P0122-Throttle Position Sensor/Switch A Circuit Low Input
P0351-Ignition coil A circuit malfuntion

I am getting all 3 codes at the same time. engine runs rough/stalls at idle. engine will smooth out at a forced high idle and will not run at all above 25% throttle. The one common thing that seems to come up is PCM is bad. Would any one of these codes trigger the rest?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts