Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not so much a question about nitrous, but what would have to be done on 2003 SPI ATX to run Nitrous?

I know a tune would be needed for sure to get the best benefit from it, but would the tranny need upgraded?

Karl

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
I think a small shot should not hurt the tranny every now and then but dont be feeding the thing with nitrous.

The tune is the BIGGEST part, with the tune the tranny could be prepped for it.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well my plan for nitrous would basically be just to have it there and to use maybe once every few months if that. I wouldn't need an overly large shot, maybe 50-75. Just something to be fun every once in a while.

Karl

·
Registered
592 Posts
I know its not the same but I was running a 75 shot on my ZX3 and the tranny held up however the motor didnt. I was spraying it alot to. Going to the track almost every weekend and on the streets. Then the rings went bad and spun a rod bearing.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well see for me, there are no tracks around me here in nowhere, indiana, but when I go up to michigan to see my family there is one near there. I'll go out there every now and then and sometimes, at least once a month, they hold free runs. People can go out and run down the track for free with someone else.

Karl

·
Registered
818 Posts
Does'nt the Zx3 and SPI Sedan use the same auto tranny?

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
The spi will hold, but the tranny is pretty weak. I would say no more than a 50 shot on an automatic, even then, make sure that tranny is in good shape.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts