Focus Fanatics Forum banner

SPI Motor Mounts

4K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  avtopi 
#1 ·
Is this what the drivers side motor mount is supposed to look like? Or does it look bad?

See less See more
#9 ·
Mine was split like yours and I replaced it with a new oem mount, just in case. Didn't make a bit of difference......

#12 ·
I was just told that I have 2 mounts that were bad. Funny too, cuz they seemed fine until I was in an accident that ruined my front suspension.

So, how difficult are these to change?
Really simple. I had a helper move the motor around for me for the transmission mount though..

#14 ·
^^^^
Very slight movement, if at all. Can't exactly watch your motor under hard shifting though.
I've got all 3 on mine, and i remember seeing my engine start up when I had all 3 stock mounts, I couldn't believe how much the engine moved when it started, and now with all 3, it pretty much doesn't move at all when I start it, its amazing. There are tons of benefits to the poly motor mounts, so if you can stand a little bit of vibration at idle, then it'll be worth it to you. Its well worth it to me. One of my favorite mods.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.