Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i'ts come to my attention that thru a freind i have the opportunity to purchase a focus with the 2.3 duratec in it.. car was totaled but drivetrain is good. i will be (if plans work) buying the whole car and swapping out) what things should i make sure to pull out to swap. motor, tranny, wiring of course.. and maybe the ECU? will that swap over well or does it mess with other things?
(car rolled.. interior still good from what i hear, i might swap my interior if the color is right)

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anyone anyone? thinking about swaping out the dash gauges too..

·
Ehh...
6,265 Posts
well its best to get all that it comes with(motor, ecu, etc....) and see if a d-tec engine can easily sit (not fit) in the engine bay. im talkin about motor mounting placing and stuff like that.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
don't have the car yet.. i have to wait till i get a trailer and a stall to hold it in but.. i was told $300 and i drive off with it, do what i want with it, and junk the rest.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
anyone in socal want to give me an extra set of hands. there are lots of things i must do (as i'm sure alot of you who've done a swap know) and an extra person or two could come in handy. i have the tools though.. i figure make it a weekend thing... one weekend to pull out the motor, tranny, and all other parts i want to swap. one weekend to rebuild the motor a little (new gaskets and the like) and the next weekend to put it in.. really i only need help doing the swap itself.

·
Sooooooooooo EURO
14,708 Posts
300! man your lucky you will absolutely love the extra dtec power!

i would say anything that is connected to the motor in any way you will probably want to keep just to make sure that its not different on the SPI

good luck with the swap and keep us posted!

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
oh just found out it's 300 for the motor and tranny (was talking with a freind of the guy.. now i'm talking with the guy himself.) still a good deal

1 - 10 of 10 Posts