Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been having a issue with my needle, when it reaches around 55-65 it will get stuck and cease to increase. My speed still goes up but the needle will shake around the area it got stuck (maybe 1-2 mph each way) and as I de-accelerate it goes down accordingly (if im going 85 and its reading 65 at 65 it will read 45). Also when I come to a complete stop the needle won't read 0 like it normally would, it goes down all the way as it does when the car is off. The only way I can fix it is to restart the engine, but once I get back up to speed the same problems re-occurs. The awkward thing is, it sometimes doesn't happen, but more often does then doesn't. I do have Reverse Glow Gauges installed, but I don't think they are the issue, the gauges don't seem to be pushed up at all and this problem started occuring long after I installed them. When I get time I am going to take them off and see if I can get it to stop, but besides the gauges, do anyone know what else could be causing this?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Needle is loose or the backing on the gauges is loose causing the needle to rub. Either way you need to pop out the gauge cluster to investigate.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah that's what i'm hoping. i'm getting ready to go check it out, haha cross your fingers for me

·
Registered
351 Posts
If it's like my Escape gages, the needle might be pushed down on the gage shaft too far and rubbing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts