Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
can you re-type that sentence so it makes sense? maybe more people can help then?

·
FUBARCUS
2003 ZX3 2016 FoST
7,785 Posts
Why would you want to do that?

·
Don't read this!
2,341 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Probably to keep the car from accruing over 100K miles, for better resale down the road...which by the way is completely illegal. But, I could be wrong, this guy could have some other trick up his sleeve that's legit.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wel iv put lower profile tyres on and now my speedo is miles out and putin more miles on the clock than it shud be and i dnt want it 2. iv got a road angle now 4 my speed so i want 2 un plug the standard 1 any ideas?

·
Registered
418 Posts
And this is why scientists are now sure that the earth's rotation is powered by the combined spinning of english teachers in their graves.

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
wel iv put lower profile tyres on and now my speedo is miles out and putin more miles on the clock than it shud be and i dnt want it 2. iv got a road angle now 4 my speed so i want 2 un plug the standard 1 any ideas?
=

well i have put lower profile tires on and now my speedo is miles out and putting more miles on the clock than it should be and i don't want it to. I've got a road angle now for my speed so i want to unplug the standard one any ideas?

is that what you wanted to say? if so typing it out a little better will help people understand what you mean a little easier.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Even like that, it doesn't make any sense... o_O

My guess at this is he put lower profiles tires on and the speedometer (odometer?) is reading different miles than what it actually is. I was always under the impression that the difference from wheel/tire changes is beyond negligible. I could probably do the math, but I think the difference in each mile is ± 6' or something like that.

·
FUBARCUS
2003 ZX3 2016 FoST
7,785 Posts
well find the sensor on the trans and disconnect it there you go.

·
coffee, have some
5,971 Posts
If you want to recalibrate your speedometer, I would suggest doing this.

Take the gauge window off.
Pull the needle off.
Put it into test mode (hold down the trip button and keep holding it when you start your car. Then it'll flash and your needles will jump. Hit the trip again I think 4 or 5 times until you get to 000.0. That's a digital read out of your speed).
Cruise on an open road to about 30 - 40 miles an hour
Then carefully push the needle back on right at what your digital read out says.

Helps to have a friend with you. I'm not sure if that'll negate putting on unwanted miles though. And many people will say that this method is not the best way to do it. I did this and now my speedometer is now more accurate than it used to be factory. I think they make it look like you're going faster than what you really are by default.

Hope that helps, or someone can chime in with more knowledge about the needle calibration.

And crap tonz more of info can be found here: http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65218&highlight=complete+archive

1 - 11 of 11 Posts