Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I bought my 2004 SVT a few days ago, rebuilt title 3,000 miles ago, dirt cheap price. Anyway, as expected within a few miles check engine light came on [idea]. Decided to take it to a dealer for a diagnostic first time about. $480 later we have a new MAF which seems to have reduced what seemed an unusually hot engine and bonnet after driving it.

The dealer said my o2 sensors were new, but not working and they wanted to replace them. I said no.. I think I am right in saying I don't actually need them anyway... the car is running a bit lean the mechanic told me so I planned on a racing tune up since I want it to be just my 2nd car and a track day vechile. Anyway.. I noticed the speedo is fluctuating 3-5mph under normal driving and when I hammer it full throttle it drops to below zero for a few seconds before coming back to life. Is this possibly related somehow electrically? Anyone any idea's why new o2's werent giving a reading? related? It is only under throttle this happens. I also notice the oil level gauge somewhat going up and down within 10% of the middle. All temp gauges remain stable.

I should note the car drives fine, feels like a solid honest motor and as I say, rebuilt title or not I stole it price wise. Any idea's on the speedo and is it related or a sperate MSS issue possible?

thanks for any insight you may have :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Tom, thanks, anywhere you recommend to buy the xcal from? I see you make quite a lot of posts.. are you a onlnie store or recommend one?

As an update some developments... When it is first started it is losing some power at low revs... engine doesnt want to cut out but feels like a carb problem which maybe fits the ford guys thought of it being too lean. I stop it, let it idle and gradually put a few revs through and it comes to life after stuttering a little.

Also on the highway last night the speedo went to 0 for aruond 10 minutes and then mileage odometer had four ---- lines through it instead of mileage. I had read something about that a few days back when I looked here but cant find the thread again. Hoping that isnt related and just a Speed Sensor..

Will update when I have the xcal3, sincerely appreciate any advice.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts