Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yepperz i no longer have to worry about how fast I'm going I just downloaded an app for my htc and it shows how fast i'm actually going......not what my speedo says and IT WORKS! :)

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
How do you know it's not lying to you.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
^Haha maybe the cops put the app up to make some profit.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
......who knows........ duh duh duh baa dooom tish

·
FocusFest Event Team
2,362 Posts
i just use my gps most of the time. three diff gps all say the same speed (testing) and it's easier to see than the guages are most of the time. my speedo has always read about 2 mph over what I was doin with running diff tire sizes (205/50/16, 215/35/18, and 215/40/17). finally went to a 215/45/17 and now it's reading the correct speed.

what size are you running and is it reading 4mph over or under? might wanna get something changed so it reads right. not so much for the speed, but the odometer accuracy.

·
FocusFest Event Team
2,362 Posts
yeah, your tire diameter is most likely too small. saw in another thread that you were running 215/40/16 correct? if that's right then your tire diameter is 22.77". the 205/50/16 is 24.07" and 215/45/17 is 24.61". with that smaller diameter you have good size difference causing your speedo to be off almost 5.5%! obviously cause the speedo and odometer to read more miles than you are actually putting on the car.

i would suggest either getting it recalibrated for the size you want to run or switching to a bigger size (would fill in some wheel gap and more sidewall for a softer ride with less risk of blowouts)

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
My 08 reads 2 mph high on the analog gauge but the digital gauge read right. Verified at uh top speed when she was stock.

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
118 Mph? German autobahn got my foci up at 138 mph. Verified by an evo x
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
110 haha, I had my 08 up to 138 by the time I let off. At least thats what the speedo in my brother's GTI said and from what we have checked his is dead on.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts