Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few people on different threads have had similar problems but my speedo just shakes all over the place. It does it at different speeds and different revs it doesn't seem to happen under any specific conditions but it is happening more and more often. Please help it is getting really annoying as the speedo is connected to the radio so it gets louder and quieter constantly. Also dispite the fact it isn't supposed to measure reverse speeds it still flys around sometimes upto the top of the speedo.

Alex C
Manchester UK

·
Registered
16 Posts
why is the cluster conected to the radio? do you have a after market radio?

I was reading the other night that aftermarket radios, with the orange dimmer wire hooked up can cause problems.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought that a radio that gets louder with an increase in speed is standard is it not. Its a standard ford radio definetly.

·
Registered
459 Posts
As for the radio, you can turn that feature off. Press menu until AVC displays, then use the seek button to turn it off.

The speedo is supposed to measure speeds in reverse.

And finally, your problem is most likely the vehicle speed sensor located on the transmission. A lot of people have this problem.

I believe a new sensor is somewhere in the ballpark of $30 from Ford.

I haven't changed mine yet but from what I hear it's not too terribly difficult.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Had a very similar problem. First I replaced the speed sensor on the transmission and it seemed to help somewhat. After replacing a faulty coil pack the problem was completely gone.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts