Registered
508 Posts
XX+ in a 65mph
NO RADAR OR LYDAR

this is my second in 6 months..
so i might be eligible for traffic school< if the judge grants it

i am going to plead not guilty and see if the Hwy patrol shows up
but if he does i will need help

any tips when i go to fight this ticket???

THANKS SO MUCH!!
-Derek

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
My tip is don't bother and pay the fine and be done with it. That said, if you do fight it, you may get it reduces a bit.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Just showing up can often get you a reduced offence.
Usually they want the money...

A lot depends on the locale (Small town and you do not live there is not good.. )
Tht you have a second ticket so soon.. you ae will play a factor. If you are under 30, OUCH. it is gonna hurt more than if you are over 50...

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
You want to make sure your speeding ticket wasn't the result of the use of a speed trap which is illegal in CA. If it's a radar ticket you want to make sure all the necessary foundational elements for the use of radar are established. If it's a ticket arising from the use of airplane surveillance it's invalid (despite those roadside signs which say patrolled by aircraft).

I have a buddy that lives in CA and told me cops cant issue you a ticket only if a valid calibrated Radar/laser was used.

·
Registered
16 Posts
You got a few things wrong Slammed.

They can issue a ticket with/without radar. They just mark the ticket if they used radar or not. Each radar unit doesn't go into the field unless its been calibrated. So your right they can't give you a ticket with a bad gun. A speed trap in defined by the officer hiding. They have a good way of sitting behind things and still be in the open.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I have been pulled over many times. Most recently in my foci. A state trooper claimed that i accelerated from a stop to 75 mph then cut off another motorist and tried to loose the cop by turning down a side street. All of this happening in around 300 feet from the corner i turned from.

That means a. I have the fastest accelerating and breaking foci this side of tge mississippi
b. I am completely blind to have missed a blue cop car with a red five gallon bucket of a light on its roof
And c. Thought that by pulling into my driveway would protect me from the rozzers.

Then cop pulled from my vehicle thru my driverside window and began to give me the 5th degree. Telling me that my car was gonna be impounded and that i was going to jail for wreckless driving. The cop didnt even know where he was at or what road he was on and made me wait while backed up the road to find a street sign. He then said because i had no record that he was gonna write it up as careless driving instead. During the lecture he said he heard me accelerate. This is when i developed a shit eating grin bc i knew i had him. The scared pail looked soo fluffy dropped from my face as i carefully listened to every word that followed. I was issued the ticket and he left. I immediately lawyered up. (Withen 10 minutes). The cop was ordered to the courthouse and the dash cam reviewed. He was later put on administrative leave. And nothing was ever held against me.

Another time i was speeding and was aware of it. Doing 93 in a 40. Saw the cop coming so i gammed on the breaks and pulled over to the shoulder and waited for him to pass and whip in behind me. At the time the cars was only 3 days old. So i had no plates, tags, or proof of insurance as they were mailed to my house and i was 8 states away... i was let go on a warning.

I guess i am too good looking for a ticket

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
2 things; first, if you can help it don't speed! Second, join the service and get vet plates when you get out!
I never even get a second look since I got my Veteran Marine Corps plates!
It may not help you now, but it sure works for me.
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
16 Posts
For those of you who have never been to SoCal. If your not doing 85 on the freeway you'll get ran over. Speeding down there is a crap shoot.

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
For those of you who have never been to SoCal. If your not doing 85 on the freeway you'll get ran over. Speeding down there is a crap shoot.
True....just about the same in Vegas!

·
Flipping Rockstar
16,788 Posts
True. 2 years of driving a panel van all over San Diego County, I can assure You that anything below 15 over the posted speed limit is only recommended on surface streets, lol. Everyone around here does the posted limit and not a mile over, and to be perfectly frank, it drives Me freaking crazy. But cops actually pull people over for speeding here, so maybe that's the difference. Hell, in San Diego, You could intentionally try to cause an accident and walk away with a warning(don't ask Me how I know that, lol).

All said, if You know You were in the wrong, take Your lumps and move on. There's no real benefit to speeding, unless You're driving an ambulance or fire truck. Just My ever-so-humble opinion.

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
haha a kid with a civic in one of my college classes has a decal that says "student Driver" then in small print above it says "professional". He was bragging about how he never gets pulled over cause this decal and they just think hes a sd. Honda people......[boxface]

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
If this is the case, you may be able to argue that you were traveling at a safe and reasonable speed to avoid getting in a wreck. I have heard of people who have tried this; I just don't know if it has ever worked.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Police cars have calibrated and certified speedometers if they can get behind you or near you and pace your speed that is enough to issue a ticket in many states. If you are driving considerably faster than the cars around you then you will definitely attract attention from the cops. When I'm on the highway I try not to run alone but, with a pack of fast moving cars.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts