Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Focus Enthusiast
365 Posts
NICE! already updated mod list too i see!

·
Registered
187 Posts
looks nice, i'd search for the thread that talks about making the led back color a different color because green just looks a little odd to me with that blue

other than that, it looks great! i'm gonna buy one eventually from them and happy to finally see a pic of one in action (other than just the flash thing they have on their site)

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
Katulec said:
looks nice, i'd search for the thread that talks about making the led back color a different color because green just looks a little odd to me with that blue
yeh id liek to know about that too, i need RED lights

F

·
0 Posts
man, those look awesome!!!! i am thinking about doing the same thing for my car.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Install was really easy. They even provide a little wire tap so you don't need to cut or solder anything! The gauges came out of the dash really easy, they just slipped over the needles (didn't need to pull them off, although I did need to pull out the gas gauge needle a bit for clearance). It's easiest if the whole lower dash under the steering wheel is removed. It took about 3 hours for all the pulling out, putting in, wiring and stuff. For anyone wanting to change the colour of the needles/LCD, http://www.jwardell.com/focus/guageslcd.html. I'll probably do that later when I have time.

·
Registered
847 Posts
I just installed some as well, MPH with a Ford Racing logo... I didn't use the wire tap, just shoved it into the fuse for my parking lights... opted for the upgraded inverter and it seems great... I can get it so bright that the whole interior has a blue or green glow.

The only thing is... my PZEV has no stops at the bottom of the guages and my needles are set up a bit differently and had to take them off, but I got them calibrated again.

I did the white face with euro letters, it looks great.

·
Registered
847 Posts
It might be a while before I could throw up a picture but I would recommend the Speedhut product, I purchased it after hearing about them online in forums etc and am quite happy with them.

·
Registered
35 Posts
i bought a set of speedhut gauges, but couldn't get them to light up! could anyone tell me how you wired your gauges so i can try it on mine? thanks.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Those look pretty cool, although Im not too crazy about a full-glow indiglow face because they wear out quickly, in under a year. Ive gone through two different sets of that type of gauge and both have worn out. I switched to reverse-indiglow gauges and they have lasted quite a bit longer so far, the full glow ones wear out quick

·
Registered
847 Posts
Trpinbillies said:
i bought a set of speedhut gauges, but couldn't get them to light up! could anyone tell me how you wired your gauges so i can try it on mine? thanks.
I found the fuse for the parking lights and shoved the wire in there, the kit comes with a wire tap if you are into that and know which wire to tap.

I was not aware the indiglo wears out... I'm not sure how it would but I will take your word for it and will be calling Speedhut if it does.

·
Capt. Urn
5,491 Posts
Sweet looking gauges. one more thing on my "to buy when i win the lotto" list

·
Registered
110 Posts
you should have got the ones with only the ticks lighting up. I have them and they look better than the whole thing lighting up. Mine are speedhut ones and are silver like my car with blue ticks. they even made mine in KPH only since im in Canada.

·
Capt. Urn
5,491 Posts
gatta wait for the lotto cause those gauges are a long way down a long list. some of us dont have money to throw around. after bills and the like, i get about 20 bucks a month to play with. so before the gauges are new shift lever, new pedals, CAI, rims. see my point now? by the way, contact me for information on how to make a charitable donation to the Urn is poor fund. contributions may or may not be tax detuctable.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts