Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I had the opportunity to take a speed run. It was mid morning, and there were no cars within the distance. Last time I did 120...this time 125 and had to back off. I'm quite positive 130 is attainable, seeing how I had the overdrive off and was pulling 6200rpm...and the old ZTW was still had some more left. Later this afternoon, I installed some SVT non-hid headlights with Hella H.I.P. bulbs and started modifying the grill cover to allow air from the grill to reach the snorkel. If the weather gives me an opportunity...snow is on the way...I will have the grill cover inlet completed....now the section behind the debris ridge is open to the grill below...and I have the piece to bridge the opening from the top of the debris ridge and the snorkel( I have to pick up the larger SVT snorkel)...it just needs to be trimmed/fitted. Also I hope to toss on my 70mm maf at the same time. For now I'm running a K&N flat panel. Might upgrade to an ITG, but I still want to find a way to add a cone filter to the stock box. And finally, I really believe an opportunity exists to tap into the driver's side cowl and plumb it (cowl induction) into a modified resonator or into the air box itself. That one, if I do it, will have to wait till after winter. [;)]

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Sounds awesome. I opened up the Contour the other day to around 115 and there was plenty of power and pedal left too.

·
Premium Member
2,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My Mazda sourced 2.5l V-6 Prove GT pulled 135. It was bone stock. That was my one any only sports car....[bigcry]

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
I love the ZETEC motor but, the DURATEC V6 in the Tour is simply awesome. I have a few things that I want to do but nothing huge. It runs like a raped ape already. And that is with the ATX. I really want to make it handle really well. I am installing a BAT Euro Handling kit, 21mm rear Anti-sway bar, eurothane bushings, fronth and rear strut tower braces, and sub frame conectors. It ought to handle like it is on rails then.

·
Premium Member
2,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BAT's got some nice stuff. I really like the Contour. I almost bought a V-6 SE a few years ago.
Nice cars!

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
That's what i've got. A lot of the SVT contour gear works on the SE also. I am actually getting ready to buy an SVT Focus front brake conversion kit.

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
well you could always just get one of the smallerK&N filters and a hose clamp, clamp it on the end of the MAF, then what i did until ram air came into game, ran a piece of dryer hose from below the filter down to just behind the front bumper, its aimed kind of at an angle slightly downward, and sticks just a little bit below the bumper, sounds ghetto but it works, pretty much a CAI and shorty in one, will do for now till the Ram Air is done

·
Registered
25,618 Posts
Saw my first svt countour a couple weeks ago, pretty cool car, that motor would be nuts in a focus, I had never seen an svt tour on the street until then, they must be few and far between. nice car though...oh yeah, no comment about the recent top speed runs ( I'm a responsible citizen don't ya' know ) All I'll say is I got about an hour behind the wheel of a morgan aero 8 the other day...sweet car, loved the looks!, there was a speed run involved....I think we broke 55 mph [:D] [rolleyes]

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hey HotRod, just a suggestion for an intake...
I got a Racer Design Intake from Add-On, I was expecting to spend at least $100, but they dropped on me that this was only $50... works great, and I took the stock airbox out, but left the snorkel on, and it comes out directly underneath the nozzle on the new tube.
The only "hitch" was that I had to get a piece of rubber tubing from the local hardware store so that I could put the MAF sensor to it, but that cost a whole $1.50 .
Just a suggestion for a nice and inexpensive intake. On the ATX, it makes a very noticable increase in throttle response / accelleration. PLUS, it sounds sweet as hell when accelerating.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts