Votes: 1,167 84.3%
  • I'm fine with whichever

Votes: 130 9.4%

• Total voters
201 - 220 of 503 Posts

·
because race car
1,948 Posts
It wouldn't save gas, you mileage would just be better. It w would take longer to get to your destination though

·
Registered
117 Posts
You can directly thank the United Auto Workers Union and the U.S. government for the crisis that the big 3 are currently facing.
how in the blue hell can you blame the UAW for the crisis of the auto companies? you can absolutely blame the government though...

btw i am anti 55...

·
i wear no pants
17,506 Posts
everyone in cali drives 75+ here anyway. drive 65 on the 5 or 15 and you will get run off the road by everyone.

·
Registered
117 Posts
obtw...i think someone on here was saying that you cannot have the rpms too low at high speeds because you would then not have enough oil pressure to properly lube the engine...this would not be a problem with an electric oil pump...just wait til we all start getting cars with a 42 volt elec system...

·
Registered
93 Posts
If that were true, there'd be concerns with excessive idling. Ever sat at a loooong light or waited for a train? As long as the engine is not lugging - it's fine.

As for the topic: government from federal to the local level have grown dependent on money raised from fuel sales since the fifty-five repeal. However, while it would be beneficial on a national level for returning the old speed limit, there's little concern it will ever be brought back. There maybe some future congressional mumblings ... but fifty-five will not be brought back.

Doug

·
Infidel
3,307 Posts

God bless Texas!

·
Infidel
3,307 Posts
wrong board

·
Registered
920 Posts
DUMB. America blows more than ever. They complain about gas.... lol.... the military uses more fuel than anyone I can imagine.... the JFK aircraft carrier refuels a million something gallons of diesel every 2-3 days. LOL. The army uses hundreds of times that every day doing military operations in Iraq...

·
Registered
33 Posts
It really doesnt matter what the speed limiit im just gunna drive 90 anyways

·
RB25 = Amazing
5,259 Posts
I would be very upset if they were to change the limit!!!

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have been driving in Germany for so many years that would be torture. I think the speed limit in parking lots is 55 over here! LOL.

·
Registered
913 Posts
I love when Republicans start acting like Democrats. Lets control absolutely everything.

If they want to save fuel, have a Gestapo go around and check people's tire pressure. America correcting tire pressure in POVs across the board would result in 3% fuel savings, 50% more than the stupid 55mph law.

I hate idiot reps and Senators. Quit trying to be like Obama, he isn't that good anyway.

·
Registered
37 Posts
dont politians have more important things to worry about then the speed limit? i mean really all congress and our goveners want to do is make life more meserable for the middle class that run this country whether its paying taxes or sumthin else that they can think of and easier for all the super wealthy.

·
King of all blacks!!
2,676 Posts
As if we didn't have enough to worry about. People are gonna break the limit regardless.

201 - 220 of 503 Posts