Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyway to get the current speed to display in the center display ? I have a 2012 Titanium. When the Cruise is engaged that locked speed displays in the top right corner of the center display.

I find that the speedometer is too small and too far to the right to be useful. I am sure this can be solved with a software update.

Thoughts ???

·
Registered
73 Posts
Its a personal thing but I find the gauges in the Focus to be very legible and the placement is pretty typical. However, I used to have a Mini Cooper which allowed the driver the display the speed in the digital readout contained in the tachometer, which sat directly behind the steering wheel which was pretty cool. Mind you, the speedometer on that car was just over the stereo on the centre stack which was not at all convenient.

·
Rubber Side Down
2,415 Posts
Yoi have to eneter the test screen by holding the left ok button in the steering wheel while you turn on the car. Don't let go of the button until the screen changes. You'll have to cycle through the test screens to find it. 2 things...it's quite distracting as its constantly changing because it reads down to tenths of mph. 2. why do you need a digital speedo when using cruise with a screen that tells what your cruise is locked to?
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
right ! I am coming off of a mini as well. I got very used to having the speed read out in the center of the wheel

·
Registered
82 Posts
I would be a nice addition. I also find it a bit difficult to see the speed. It's going to take some time to get used to that weird location (for me).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts