Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im pretty sure there is a speed limiter on the focus, correct? is this something that is easy to change or what? i have the SVT suspension kit on my car, and i hit 120 yesterday a few times, and it handled fine. when i get the bigger wheels and tires, i would like to see what this thing is really capable of.

so is there an easy way to take the limiter off?
thanks!

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
yes, there is a limiter on our cars.
not sure what it is on the svt, but on the other foci is 110 (108 actually, the speedo reads 2 mph faster)
a tune should take care of it.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well, i think they add a little more weight, but would make the car more stable at the higher speeds. right now i only have 15's.

the limit is 108? i could have swore the speedo said 120 then it blocked me off.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
ST has a 120 limiter
SVT has 140+ limiter (prolly drag limited)
Zetec/D20 110 limiter
and:lol:
SPI maybe... 100 mph

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my 04 does have 05 stuff on it, maybe i have an early ST motor or something.

·
DTF
3,981 Posts
wickedgreyzx3 said:
ST has a 120 limiter
SVT has 140+ limiter (prolly drag limited)
Zetec/D20 110 limiter
and:lol:
SPI maybe... 100 mph
lol would an spi even hit 100? j/k guys i know there is some strong followers of the spi.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
my 04 2.3 ZTS is limited to 108 too but it gets there a whole lot faster than my zetec both are mostly stock

·
Registered
930 Posts
108 is the stock speedlimiter (sans the 120 for the ST and ??? for the SVT). It is all about the tire rating.

Being a 2.3L, it might be a freak of some kind.

My car has no speed limiter...not really sure how fast it will go though...gotta get new tires with a higher speed rating first.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Have hit 115 a few times wth my 06-ST, no sweat and feels like it has more to give[8D]

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
probably shouldn't be saying this here but I have hit around 124 with A LOT more punch in my 06 ST but that damn limiter... and just so noone thinks bad... it was on a backroad... noone around.

·
Registered
897 Posts
HMMM... thats a thinker... i bought my car (05 2.0 duratec ZX3) with 1,400mi on it... completely stock and i have hit over 120 with nothing done to it.

Mouse

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
How does you car run with the TB... sorry for the hi-jack.

·
DTF
3,981 Posts
cruzstyle said:
who needs to handle a car at over 100 mph i mean come on stick with 15's and hit the cones
um, i hit the triple digits alot so yeah, that would be me!

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
cruzstyle said:
who needs to handle a car at over 100 mph i mean come on stick with 15's and hit the cones
Stick the 15s on, and go to the road course for legal triple digit fun. I've done 115-120 at VIR, and about 110 at Summit Point. And that was with a mostly stock engine and a slow driver behind the wheel (me).

·
Registered
897 Posts
Shadowrunner said:
^ really? i always seem to get cut off @ 114. i have a F2 intake and a FC TB.
yea, and for all i know its completely stock... that kinda scares me [paranoid]
(that is of course if you factor out the 60LB sub-box, the replaced stock oil pan and stock clutch kit.... long stories on both)

Mouse

1 - 20 of 55 Posts