Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2001 Focus Speed Control was working perfectly, then wouldn't work. [xx(] The dash light is always off. Owners manual shows no dedicated fuses or relays.
There are no bad fuses 10 amps or lower in the underhood box, and the under dash fuses all tested good for continuity. I'm gonna check ABS function, to see if the problem is electrically related.
Any "most likely cause" answers for me? Do I need to buy manuals or look up wiring diagrams?
Thanx..

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have an 05 St with the same problem. The light in the dash doesn't come on and the cruise doesn't work at all. You're right about no dedicated fuses or relays labled in the manual. If there's anyone that can help that would be great.

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Solution = brake lights out

This may seem obvious to many, but if ANY brake light (including center) is out the Cruise Control quits.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
If you have a manual tranny, my solution for a prev. poster with this issue might work.
My ZTS has a weak clutch pedal return spring, so occasionally I need to lift the pedal to trigger the clutch switch (stays up then, only an occasional prob.) so the cruise can work.
Not having an "on" light, just an "engaged" light makes checking the cruise more difficult...

·
FUBARCUS
2003 ZX3 2016 FoST
7,785 Posts
clock spring...the end of the ribbon cable pulled loose
The thing is your horn wouldn't work and you would have an airbag light from my understanding.

·
Late for Dinner
15,332 Posts
Not so. depends how the end pulls out. if one corner of the cable pulls a little bit you can lose just the cruise or whatever is on that end. mine started with just the cruise not working but everything else did, but I left it and lost everything when the cable end finally pulled completely out..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts