Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I'm looking at putting cruise control in my car. I've gotta 2004 zx3 zetec. I keep running across some on ebay that say they are for a 2000-2001, or like a 2000-2002. Part number YS4Z-9A818-BAA and 2M5Z-9A818-BAB. The ford site lists that the number for my 04 is 3M5Z-9A818-AAB. I know that there are a brown color, and a black color, but is there really a major difference in the zetec cars from say 2001 and up? Will any of these kits work? I'm I going to stop asking questions? Thanks.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
I work at Ford and all i can tell you is that theres a production date difference which usually means theres something different. The dates for your car are Sep/4/2003-Apr/4/2004. These are the production dates that your car needs to fall in between for the 3M5Z's.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info, I was hoping to catch a deal on ebay, but since there seem to be so many part numbers for the unit I guess I just save up and get it from ford.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Yeah, I know what you mean. I considered it myself, especially after a long road trip to NJ, but the ones that say they are for a 2000 are usually tan and I need black.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
tbones, yeah but you could always buy the tan one and then just by a steering wheel that was the right color, at least that was what I was thinking

1 - 8 of 8 Posts