Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can the stock mazda speed3 turbo kit bolt on to a 2.0 dura is it possible will it work[???:)]

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Id say probably not considering its a direct injected head. I could be wrong though. But if you found a wrecked Speed3, you could swap everything over. The whole drivetrain

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Try the F/I Threads. They will be able to help you out. But I think someone has asked that and I believe the answer was no.

·
I AM DA FOCI FANATIC
3,715 Posts
Stock Speed 3 will not work with stock Dura focus.

You can do motor swaps though.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
wouldnt a fs stage 2 keep up with a ms3 anyway?

·
I AM DA FOCI FANATIC
3,715 Posts
wouldnt a fs stage 2 keep up with a ms3 anyway?
I dont know I have never seen a race.

I do know the Mazda Speed 3's are pretty easy to mod and get 300whp - 320whp for only a few hundred bucks.

So I imagine anyone who is a gear head and has a MS3 has done these mods already. If so then the FS stg 2 turbo kit doesn't have a chance, I would think...

·
Token Engin-nerd
3,414 Posts
the trouble with the ms3 is tuning, they can make plenty of power but getting them to go down the track without boost cutting is a real challenge, unless you use the "less than safe" tuning solutions, like boost cut defenders and such...

I once beat a speed3 to 60 in my wagon. he had traction control on and boost cut city

fs stg2 would be a driver's race against a modded speed3.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I beg to differ, as it stands, the MS3 is VERY difficult to get to 300-320whp more than once. You have to spin the living shit outa the turbo, DROWN it in meth, bolt it, tune it, and pray.

I am dealing with a potentially pwnt stock wastegate solenoid right now so yeah.

There are only a few (read 3-4 stock turbo non build speed 3s that are in the 300 whp range). I am close to being one of them if i can figure my issues out.

P.S., Speed 3 anything will not fit duratec with exception of maybe fusebox (stamped FOMOCO hahahahahah) WINT!

ETA... PETE, that was not boost cut, that was massive heat soak when i only had an intake and it was 95 out and the traction control was on

·
Token Engin-nerd
3,414 Posts
a win is a win [neener]

You have to spin the living shit outa the turbo, DROWN it in meth, bolt it, tune it, and pray.
like i said, put on some bolt ons (not too hard) and hope the tune is good (hard part) i really dont think we disagree here

·
I AM DA FOCI FANATIC
3,715 Posts
I beg to differ, as it stands, the MS3 is VERY difficult to get to 300-320whp more than once. You have to spin the living shit outa the turbo, DROWN it in meth, bolt it, tune it, and pray.

I am dealing with a potentially pwnt stock wastegate solenoid right now so yeah.

There are only a few (read 3-4 stock turbo non build speed 3s that are in the 300 whp range). I am close to being one of them if i can figure my issues out.

P.S., Speed 3 anything will not fit duratec with exception of maybe fusebox (stamped FOMOCO hahahahahah) WINT!

ETA... PETE, that was not boost cut, that was massive heat soak when i only had an intake and it was 95 out and the traction control was on
I must have misunderstood you last time we talked about it. I thought 300 - 320 was easy and 350+ is where you actually had problems.

·
Registered
47 Posts
300-320 is easy on stock internals, getting there is a different story. 350 whp is where you have to start thinking about a motor build before you stock twiggies shit themselves.

pete, I was having issues with just the intake, but thats just me, and I didnt know about it until I got a dash hawk. As soon as you add breathing mods to this car, dont forget you need cam driven fuel pump upgrade action.

·
Token Engin-nerd
3,414 Posts
ah poo

welp, in any case, not gonna fit on a d20 or d23

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
the trouble with the ms3 is tuning, they can make plenty of power but getting them to go down the track without boost cutting is a real challenge, unless you use the "less than safe" tuning solutions, like boost cut defenders and such...

I once beat a speed3 to 60 in my wagon. he had traction control on and boost cut city

fs stg2 would be a driver's race against a modded speed3.
the focussport stage 2 will spank a mazdaspeed 3. not even close.. ive toyed with a few..

just look at 1/4 mile times.. i ran a [email protected] with a 2.59 60'
2009 stock mazdaspeed 3 [email protected] according to motor trend. so the times for my car and the speed 3 are the same over the 1/4, but once i stop spinning, its not very close..

·
Registered
47 Posts
there are may people that are lightly bolted that will run all over you. We are talking 13.9-14.2 at 109 with 2.4 60 ft. Can you take an EVO9 with intake and TBE from a roll? I can. <--when I had intake and bpv, stock boost control

·
Token Engin-nerd
3,414 Posts
i was talking about bolted ms3's, nobody drives a stock car anymore :p

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
14.2 @ 109? your kidding right

http://www.dragtimes.com/Mazda-3-Timeslip-13425.html
that guy ran a [email protected] with 311whp 371wtq with a 1.832 60'

http://www.dragtimes.com/Mazda-3-Timeslip-16000.html
that guy ran a [email protected] running 14psi, sri, fmic, 3inch exhaust, and had a 2.146 60'

http://www.dragtimes.com/Mazda-3-Timeslip-16611.html
[email protected] running 18psi with a 2.0 60'

if i can get those 60' times ill have better than their ETs. cept maybe the [email protected] guy.. but he has a crazy tune and is running a lot of boost. 13 a/f ratio?? are you serious.. lol

·
Token Engin-nerd
3,414 Posts
ah, direct injection [wiggle]

1 - 20 of 36 Posts