Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Capital Obvious
2,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
where do you get the special Torx bit to remove the MAF sensor out of the intake tube?[???:)]

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
First it's a MAF (Mass Air Flow) sensor and second, I know what you mean, it's a torx bit with a center circle cut out. Check out NAPA and places like that. I haven't had to remove mine from the housing but there are bits that will do this.

·
Something goes here
8,290 Posts
I got mine at autozone,are you truying to install an intake or something

·
Capital Obvious
2,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I want to change out my MAF sensor

·
Something goes here
8,290 Posts
Good luck finding one it took me a couple days to find one,trying finding someone in your area that has put an intake on they should have one

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Go to sears, buy the craftsman torx bits. They come in a wide array although the only one you'll need is the T10.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
$5!!!! holy moly. go buy craftsman. I think I payed $10 for 8 bits of various sizes. I guess I was wrong about the size.

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
It's more then just the size though, you have to make sure that the end has a 'hole' cut in the bit so that it can fit over the 'center post' on the MAF torx screws.....

·
Registered
267 Posts
I got a set at the Kragen for about $10...goes from the size you need for the MAF to the size you need to remove the interior. A good Torx set is a necessity with a Ford product.

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
What ever you decide to get, a stand alone T-20 or a set of Torx bits, make sure you get a T-20 with the tamper/security bit/hole to remove the MAF from the intake.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2020... I need a little assistance with my 2001 Ford focus hatchback
I noticed that my mass airflow intake is missing a screw or two... I'm assuming it's where it connects near the idle air control valve... any help would be awesome! Thanks much

·
Registered
2 Posts
2020... I need a little assistance with my 2001 Ford focus hatchback
I noticed that my mass airflow intake is missing a screw or two... I'm assuming it's where it connects near the idle air control valve... any help would be awesome! Thanks much
Ok I realize that was terribly written. It's missing screws and where, is near where the valve would be. Is it possible to find these screws and would anyone know the size

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Ok I realize that was terribly written. It's missing screws and where, is near where the valve would be. Is it possible to find these screws and would anyone know the size
Any junkyards near you? Best place to get OEM screws like that and should be very easy to remove. There are plenty of Zetecs in most junkyards.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts