Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Capital Obvious
2,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
where do you get the special Torx bit to remove the MAF sensor out of the intake tube?[???:)]

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
First it's a MAF (Mass Air Flow) sensor and second, I know what you mean, it's a torx bit with a center circle cut out. Check out NAPA and places like that. I haven't had to remove mine from the housing but there are bits that will do this.

·
Something goes here
8,284 Posts
I got mine at autozone,are you truying to install an intake or something

·
Capital Obvious
2,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I want to change out my MAF sensor

·
Something goes here
8,284 Posts
Good luck finding one it took me a couple days to find one,trying finding someone in your area that has put an intake on they should have one

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Go to sears, buy the craftsman torx bits. They come in a wide array although the only one you'll need is the T10.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
$5!!!! holy moly. go buy craftsman. I think I payed $10 for 8 bits of various sizes. I guess I was wrong about the size.

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
It's more then just the size though, you have to make sure that the end has a 'hole' cut in the bit so that it can fit over the 'center post' on the MAF torx screws.....

·
Registered
267 Posts
I got a set at the Kragen for about $10...goes from the size you need for the MAF to the size you need to remove the interior. A good Torx set is a necessity with a Ford product.

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
What ever you decide to get, a stand alone T-20 or a set of Torx bits, make sure you get a T-20 with the tamper/security bit/hole to remove the MAF from the intake.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts