Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
soon to be turbo!
5,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tryed these clutch's befor? b/c i looked at the TQ specs for these stg's for the zetec an it seems like the stg 3+ can hold more TQ than the stg 4.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
I have the stage III for the zetec and it can supposedly hold 350 tq

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
ya, I know 1 person, but he isn't on here, i don't think. y?

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
yea i saw that stg 3+ can hold more but i think it might have something to do with the puck configuration or possibly the flywheel. If your not turbo i dont think you need it, it'll have lots of "clutch clatter" and be real thick and not fun for traffic driving.

·
Max8
2,858 Posts
I've heard that stage III is very streetable, It better be! I just ordered one with the six puck confi..

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I've heard that stage III is very streetable, It better be! I just ordered one with the six puck confi..
it very well could be, make sure you take it to a place that knows what they are talking about, a place i took my stage 1 had never heard of clutch clatter before and said my tranny was broken.

·
Max8
2,858 Posts
So.... what's clutch clatter?[rolleyes]

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
spec says that the Plus stages are alittle easier for each stage... so stage 3+ would be easier to use that the regular stage 3.

·
Max8
2,858 Posts
and clutch clatter is......

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
from what i understand, because of an alluminum flywheel has alittle more harmonics, it trasmits alittle more noise through the bellhousing.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
when the clutch is not engaged, it will chatter, but when its engaged, you don't here it

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
lolz after I put in the revised clutch (pressure plate) from Ford I have had a chatter ever since.... New flywheel too... I don't think its the clutch. I think its something with the slave. Eh off topic ...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts