Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright yall.. the time has come to finally put my stage 2 and lightened flywheel..
now does anyone have a "how-to" for this? if so that would be great.
i could always get my sisters fiance (sp?) to install it. he goes to a school for cars...

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
Its not especially hard, although it wouldn't hurt to have someone with you who has mechanical experience. I'd say its a stretch to do this solo...two guys will make the process go a lot faster. Expect to spend at least a weekend on it. When I replaced my clutch with the assistance of my friend who's a certified diesel mechanic, it took us the better part of two nights to do the whole job start to finish.

I'd suggest getting a Hayne's manual, it provides a step-by-step list of what you need to take off as well as torque specs and some helpful pictures. Basically, you have to take the intake, battery, driver's side and rear motor mounts out, remove both drive axles, unbolt the transmission from the engine and then manuver it out from underneath the car (this is what took us the most time.) Its a pain because you both have to get the transmission to clear the existing clutch as well as the subframe, chassis and engine itself. We actually found that reinstallation is easier than pulling it out.

·
Registered
155 Posts
WAIIIITTTTT!!!!! the spec and fidanza WILL NOT MATE UP PROPERLY as they sit.... there is a ridge on the fidanza that needs to be ground down in order to use a spec clutch with it.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Auto0utcast said:
WAIIIITTTTT!!!!! the spec and fidanza WILL NOT MATE UP PROPERLY as they sit.... there is a ridge on the fidanza that needs to be ground down in order to use a spec clutch with it.
are u fcking serious?!?!?!? what part needs to be ground down?
wait.. if they don't mate up properly then y do they sell them together?

·
Registered
155 Posts
there is a slight ridge around the casing of the fidanza that will not allow the clutch to sit flush... the only flywheels that will work without modification are the stock one and the spec flywheel...

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
na i didn't take it off yet.. just been having a hell of a week... o well screw im payin someone to put it on.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Auto0utcast said:
you sure man? Im currently running this exact setup in my car.

·
Registered
155 Posts
SVT_BMXer said:
you sure man? Im currently running this exact setup in my car.
pretty darn sure... was told by the guys at steeda a while back that it would not work...

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
alright.. if someone other than svt_bmxer that has this setup.. chime in now! and leave thoughts.

TTT

1 - 14 of 14 Posts