Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 151 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone purchased the Spec-D projector headlights with led strip? I'd love to know how they look, perform, and the overall quality!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Projectors are pretty decent, no problems seeing at night. My first passenger side headlight I had to send back because the sealant wasn't holding it together properly. Replacement headlight was perfect. Led strip just looks badass. When you unlock the car, the amber strip will illuminate for a half second, then it'll change to the white led strip and shut off once you close the door. Plug n play headlights. Would recommend[twothumbs]

Attachments

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
I'd say the spec-d's are a higher quality vs the others.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Those are far nicer than the ones they sell with the halos. Wow seriously impressed. So these ones the switchbacks in the led brow are already wired and everything is plug and play? Sweet.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Projectors are pretty decent, no problems seeing at night. My first passenger side headlight I had to send back because the sealant wasn't holding it together properly. Replacement headlight was perfect. Led strip just looks badass. When you unlock the car, the amber strip will illuminate for a half second, then it'll change to the white led strip and shut off once you close the door. Plug n play headlights. Would recommend[twothumbs]
Thank you so much!!

Do you have any pictures at night?
Also, what're you using as low beams?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also NewYorican89, i thought of a few questions while i was out driving tonight...

1. Do the lights still come on automatically when dusk hits?

2. When you turn on the blinker, does the headlight shut off? I've seen a bunch of newer model cars, and when they turn the blinker on, the headlight shuts off which is absolutely pointless.
and finally

3. Are the LED brows plug and play as well? or do they need to be wired up seperately?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Also NewYorican89, i thought of a few questions while i was out driving tonight...

1. Do the lights still come on automatically when dusk hits?

2. When you turn on the blinker, does the headlight shut off? I've seen a bunch of newer model cars, and when they turn the blinker on, the headlight shuts off which is absolutely pointless.
and finally

3. Are the LED brows plug and play as well? or do they need to be wired up seperately?
Quest. 1 I have these options: led strip only/ led strip + fogs/ led strip+fogs +headlights. I never leave my lights in the auto setting.
quest 2. Headlights stays on during blinker, led strip will alternate between amber and white, very eye catching!
Quest 3. Plug n play, SIMPLE

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey new yorikan89 noticed you have the same electrode shadow i had after installing my hid's. I found that the bulb electrode is supposed to be down not up. I used a jewelers file to remove some metal so the bulb would fit in the projector than filed the locators off the bulb base and some off the edge of the base, the wire hold down will keep the bulb from rotating.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Hey new yorikan89 noticed you have the same electrode shadow i had after installing my hid's. I found that the bulb electrode is supposed to be down not up. I used a jewelers file to remove some metal so the bulb would fit in the projector than filed the locators off the bulb base and some off the edge of the base, the wire hold down will keep the bulb from rotating.
I had them flipped but couldn't get the metal retainer to close because of the specific bulb position. Will have to try that, thanks

·
Registered
48 Posts
Those are far nicer than the ones they sell with the halos. Wow seriously impressed. So these ones the switchbacks in the led brow are already wired and everything is plug and play? Sweet.
I just ordered the ones with the halos... What is wrong with them? Lower quality? Should I cancel my order?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just ordered the ones with the halos... What is wrong with them? Lower quality? Should I cancel my order?
I don't think they're any lower quality, I just think having to wire up the halos could be a pain in the ass. I personally just like the led brows a little more, seems to look cleaner to me. But everyone's preferences differ. Do what you love [thumb]

·
Registered
48 Posts
I don't think they're any lower quality, I just think having to wire up the halos could be a pain in the ass. I personally just like the led brows a little more, seems to look cleaner to me. But everyone's preferences differ. Do what you love [thumb]
Phew had me worried for a sec. I don't mind mind the wiring. Thanks for clarifying

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
No nothing is wrong with them. Still good quality, but for me its appearance. I like these a lot better and plug and play.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
No nothing is wrong with them. Still good quality, but for me its appearance. I like these a lot better and plug and play.
I agree. Sometimes the halos can be a little too flashy. Especially on a focus. The LEDs just so clean.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Just installed the spec d projectors with halos... All plug and play. The leds act as parking lights. The bulbs are H1 which are a little less desirable but overall I am happy. Plus the car looks great!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just installed the spec d projectors with halos... All plug and play. The leds act as parking lights. The bulbs are H1 which are a little less desirable but overall I am happy. Plus the car looks great!
You have any night pictures?

1 - 20 of 151 Posts