Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Max8
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Spec clutch.... what do you think?

So yeah, I got the spec stage 3 clutch today and to be honest I'm somewhat skeptical... The package looks no good and the clutch aligment tool is made out of plastic. I've never had one of this before and I know there are several threads about it but now I'm a little bit scared of puttig that on my swap. What do you guys think? Oh, please visit my other thread for pics.

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=174300

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
it just seems that the package is just meant to do its job and be thrown away... when i got my throw out bearing, that is actually just sitting around now... it was just wrapped in paper and put into a box...

and when i ordered new control arms, they had tag's zip tied to them... i assume aslong as the product gets there in good shape, i wouldnt worry..

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
my spec III + clutch came in the crapiest packaging ever!!! but it works grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr8!!! i love it. it grabs so hard!

·
Max8
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, it seems that I was judging the book by its cover.

·
Registered
930 Posts
My packaging was crap, but it works fine once installed. Hard to launch when drag racing though with the 9lb flywheel. Didn't take my drag radials and a few other traction items it is hard to not nuke my tires in first and second gear NA. Best 60ft last night was a 2.38, stock clutch/flywheel/no torsen/eagle GS-As, netted a best of 2.18. I've got to practice with this thing.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
i wouldnt purchase one just out of seeing several friends of mine have horrible luck out of them. but maybe yours will hold up. oh yeah and their customer service is horrible.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
I had great customer service!! very polite and quick!! just depends on who u talk to!!

·
Registered
465 Posts
how stiff is the pedal? and can u use ia as a daily driver?? my guess is not cuz its a 6 puck ...but i figure i might as well ask!

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
i have the zetec, so i don't know how different it is. mine is soft on the pedal, but the engagement pt. is like less than 1 mm. and it is really close to letting the pedal out completely b4 it engages!

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
all the alignment tools ive ever seen are made out of plastic so i wouldn't worry about that...

i'm planning on putting a spec in mine so hopefully you like it, although i'm doing a conversion flywheel/zetec clutch swap

·
Max8
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
^^^ that's exactly what I have.

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
I have heard of doing this switch but what is the advantage to switching to the Zetec MTX setup? Just more choices for parts?

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
clutches are WAYYY cheaper, like you can get a zetec clutch/flywheel combo for the price of a duratec clutch, and there are a lot more choices in brands and stages

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I ordered mine with a spec flywheel, and everything came bundled together (clutch, pressure plate, flywheel) with plastic, and it was attached to a single sheet of cardboard. Everything was in good shape, but I still can't figure out how they got the thing into the box without that piece of cardboard completely falling apart.

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
but the massive one is purple!

·
Max8
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
^^^ Yeah! It is purple and everyone can see it once it is installed[grinking]

1 - 20 of 26 Posts