Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
2004 SVT Focus
Discussion Starter #1
So I have an aluminum single mass flywheel from SPEC. The ARP SVT bolts don't have enough thread length to effectively engage with the crank (maybe 6-8mm at most, ill take photos at work). Called spec directly (3rd call) on unrelated issue but brought it up and they aren't sure either. I'm fairly certain I need the standard zetec bolts but no one can confirm for certain.

Would be nice to know before I spend even more money on a useless bolt collection 馃槀. I mean its only taken 6 months for all of my parts to be built but now I'm crippled by.... bolts of all things.

And if anyone is wondering why spec now requires their own flywheel I'll give you some info. They used to use fidanza flyhwheels back in the day (if you're old enough to remember that lol) but started having issues (cost and demand) with stocking SVTF specific pressure plates and friction discs. So they figured out they could put an SVTF specific hub on a 4G63 disc/PP combo and simply machine a new flywheel to compensate.

Registered
2004 SVT Focus
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not running an oem dual mass. I can get the oem svt bolts in the US no issue but if the ARPs I have are the same length as oem they aren't long enough. I know some have said certain single mass flywheels require the use of standard zetec bolts but I can't get a firm answer. I don't want to buy multiple sets of flywheel bolts but if it comes down to it I guess I'll have to

Registered
2006 ZX5 2.0, 2004 ZX3 SVT EE. 2004 ZX3 SVT
Additionally, the ARP bolts are for a zetec not an SVT.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts