Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many watts does the Audiphile put out to the door/rear speakers? Is it worth putting aftermarket speakers in without an Amp? If so, are there any recommendations for speakers?

·
Registered
28 Posts
if you have the money, buy infiniy kappa componets. they will sound good on deck power, but you will probably want to upgrade to a 4 channel amp later on.

·
Detailing Freak
348 Posts
infinity, even the kappa, or the kappa perfect are complete trash... they have little to no midrange, and you can forget about bass...

if you want to do components, look into either rockford fosgate, or the alpine typr "r" series components

·
Registered
28 Posts
Campbell, its all about opinion here. my advice is to hear what the users say in here, then buy based on that and what tickles your ear. thats just my 2 cents

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Things is

I bought 2 12 inch JL W1V2s in a sealed box that I am hooking up to an older Hifonics Competition Amp (1/2 ohm stable)--I will probably run it around 200-250 watts based on speaker specs. This will be an awful lot of base for the stock fronts--I can't afford another amp for the front at this time, but could probably swing some 6x8s.

Thanks for the advice guys!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts