Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone i know i could of done the lookin myself but i want help from everyone and inputs.

------

I was in my car lastnight and i notic that my rear right(driver) speaker is out, and with this in mind, im gunna take full advantage of this and just get new speakers... my chocie is either infinity (don't know which 1) or Type R's... i do want to run cross overs? baffles is gunna be put in place before hte speaker... and going to run roofers tape over the door or the pannels.( prob pannels becuase i can remove and do it inside)

Can someone explain to me what is a good typical setup. what i need(from amps, cap, if i need, wires and what not), im not planning to run any Subs in the rear either, so i just want to push either 150watt to 300watts to the 4 speakers andi might mount some tweeter, but where? cutting molding and fiber glassing is somthing i got in mind. i also have a stock deck, hopping ill switch it out when i decide to count up the coins! (if my wife lets me that is)

·
Registered
235 Posts
do you plan on running components (tweeter, woofer, crossover) or coaxials? Are they going to be amped?

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i want to be amped, but just to the 4 speaker.. no subwoofers in the rear either...

my goal is to get a good sound quality, clean and crisp!

·
Banned
3,065 Posts
i want to be amped, but just to the 4 speaker.. no subwoofers in the rear either...

my goal is to get a good sound quality, clean and crisp!

Now your talking, how clean and crisp??

The phone is distorting, not the speakers I assure you...

People that know me will tell you its that clear for about a mile as well as inside the car. Bass isn't the only thing that can be loud. What kind of power do you want to run, what kind of budget do you have??
Crisp and clean usually equals costly, beware

·
Banned
3,065 Posts
I'll have one of my boys take audio of my truck so you can hear it, simple simple set up.
1- pair of Boston Pro60's
1- 4 ch Zapco Amp
1-8" Morel subwoofer

thats it

clocked at 138 dB's and .0154 thd on an O-Scope

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
that still makes me giggle.
the song that is

·
Registered
235 Posts
the folks over at diymobileaudio.com (extemely knowledgable people) recommend these: http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=6952 to alot of people. I have some sitting around just waiting to be installed. They say to not let the price fool you, they are great I hear. I plan on installing hopefully next weekend so I will post back on my thoughts. Check out the forums over at diyma and do a search for those, or maybe you will find something else you like.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
dam SquillyB, what you got in that and what kind of price range is that set up in?

·
Banned
3,065 Posts
that still makes me giggle.
the song that is
oh yeah, how about this one...I'm sittin still its the car that moves!! Some people joke about their rear-view mirror, I joke about the car moving back and forth!

OOPS*

To answer the question of "what do I have?"
currently it sits gutted getting a little work done.

What was in it??
3- T10001bD Rockford Fosgate mono-block amps
1- T4004 Rockford Fosgate 4 channel amp
2- Pair Boston Pro60
1-Kinetik khc1800 capacitor
2- Alpine Type R 15" subwoofers

and a ton of custom work to the interior, custom rear deck enclosures for the rear components , kick panels for the front components, Alpine HU before, now a Kenwood HU for full digital hook ups and blue tooth. More Dynomat than I care to remember

total cost: over 10K

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
wow 10k, more then i can drop into the car for system... maybe just 4 speaker will do for me!... :p '

but you got 1 banging system tho, PROPS on that!

·
Banned
3,065 Posts
Thats why I asked your budget, and experience level of install. We can more than likely get you a quality set up installed (by you) with a little help. Just collect that XMAS money and get back to me.
10K is more than most people will spend, I competed on a National dB circuit for a while as well as doing shows here at home for work (Audio Express) which is why you see the warning stickers and demonstration vehicle stickers plastered all over it. It wasn't just for shits and giggles, insurance liabilty. The car used to hit well over 150+ dB's in the 40Htz range, which mathmatically is the same amount of pressure your ear would "feel" from 11 sticks of dynamite being detonated less than 50 ft from you. So, NO, I wouldn't recommend it, lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts