Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi peoples,

I just had a pair of Infinity 6802 CF speakers installed in the front. I have no clue how the shop did it since I wasn't there. I'm planning on buying the second pair for the rear but was wondering, how easy is it to install just speakers? . I heard its the easiest installation ever. Would I have to remove the entire door panel?

·
Registered
35 Posts
If I had my time again I wouldnt bother changing the rear door speaker they just provide rear fill sound. A decent set of front speakers (components are even better) are all you really need.

Our ears are designed to collect sound from the front, so you dont really hear much from the rear speakers anyway.

If you still want to go ahead and change them heres a short "how to"

Replacing the rear speakers is very easy. If you dont have electric rear windows, getting the manual window winders off is a bit tricky but not difficult.

I found using a metal nail file with the tip bent lightly helps to remove the springs, but be careful..they aint called springs for nothing[mad] The first one I did sprung off..I spent 20 mins on my hands and knees looking for it[rolleyes]

1. Pop off the door handle cover and remove the 2 screws

2. Where the interior open/close handle sits there is a plastic cover, pop that out and remove the screw.

3. Look around the edge of the door card and you will see some small screws (about 6 if I recall) remove those.

4. Pull the interior release handle gently and the panel surrounding it will lift away, gently monovure it around the handle and take it off.

5. Gently lift the whole door card up and gently pull it away from the door.

6 Replace ya speaker, refitting the doorcard is the reverse of the above[:D]

Hope this helps

Davydave[thumb]

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey thanks davydave !! actually, I just got done installing them. and I do notice a significant difference... everything went smooth. except when installing the speaker. there was a plug and I decided to splice it off. its pretty easy, but a pain because the whole panel needs to come off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts