Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone I am curious to hear everyones preference on what car audio brands they like. Remember though this is all opinion so no arguments between the Kicker vs JL guys or something like that. LOL[cheers]

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,121 Posts
Well I have Infinity Reference speakers. They replaced the factory. So i know no different for other brands till i need new ones.

What about you?

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Depends on what type of speaker we're talking about. Also really depends on budget. It's simply not fair to compare brands that sell speakers from $50-$400 to brands that start out at $400 and can go over $1,000/set.

That said, can't say I have one ultra superior favorite brand of speaker. Plenty of great equipment out there. And as I get older, I care less about having the creme de la creme in my car and just go with something decent and move on.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I've used a lot of brands of speakers over the years and I must say that Morel is my favorite sounding speakers. They make a set to fit pretty much any budget. There entry level sound great for the money and there high-end is incredible. I personally run the Elate 3-way speakers for my front stage.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I have Infinity Reference speakers. They replaced the factory. So i know no different for other brands till i need new ones.

What about you?
If we are talking about door speakers I would put my brands in this order

1. Hertz Audio
2. Morel
3. Hybrid Audio
4. JBL GTI only

Subwoofers

1. JBL GTI MkII(My favorite woofer of all time)
2. Hertz Audio
3. JL Audio
4. Diamond Audio(2009-2011 not sure of the new stuff)

I am a SQ guy though so I do not do much SPL stuff

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Depends on what type of speaker we're talking about. Also really depends on budget. It's simply not fair to compare brands that sell speakers from $50-$400 to brands that start out at $400 and can go over $1,000/set.

That said, can't say I have one ultra superior favorite brand of speaker. Plenty of great equipment out there. And as I get older, I care less about having the creme de la creme in my car and just go with something decent and move on.
Haha this hits home quite a bit. There is so much variance out there now a days it is definitely hard to make a decision. That is part of the reason why I am all about people having their preferences. I like what I like based on my experiences but you may have different experiences and different tastes because of it.

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,121 Posts
Haha not really a fan. They had the sale going on. Buy one get one half. Figured they looked good and would work well with my country music. Yet keep some bass.

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
It depends on budget as said above.

I've heard a $120.00 DIY set up that blew set ups that cost 5 x's as much out of the water.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I built my first system using all Radio Shack speakers, crossovers, amps along with wire and connectors. I had a 3-way set up in the front doors and a pair of large woofers in the rear deck. For what it was it sounded pretty good.

Since then I've used A/D/S, Alpine, B&W, and Focal. My SVT was built with Focal. I did a lot of listening and research before I laid down all that money but I was very happy with them. I'm in the process of putting together a system for the new ST and once again I'm using Focal. In fact it will be the same basic set up. In both doors I'll use Focal K2 165KR and for the sub a Focal 27KX.

·
Deutsche Arsche
2,549 Posts
I own and prefer Infinity(Kappa & Beta) and Focal. I have both for home and mobile audio. Nothing beats the home system, but I am trying to get that sound in the car. The old shop SL280 MB car, we had Alpine, Soundstream, Dietz, Brax, Oehlbach and Focal Utopia in it.

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
H.A.T

Hybrid Audio Technologies(every set I've heard)are very good as well.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I've only ever had Focal so I can't really compare them to any other aftermarket speaker. I do know they are better than stock, though. The Focal 165A speakers I took out of my previous car will be going into my Focus soon.

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
You should post an install thread. Rep point for that.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts