Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I have a quick question on tighting the thrust bearing nut if you have SPC camber plates and top adjust struts in the front (KYB AGX in my case). I don't have a picture it, but i didn't tighten the nuts fully so i could eyeball the alignment before i hit up Sears.

The thing is after i installed everything i can't get any access to the thrust bearing nut and since its top adjust i have to use vise grips to keep the piston steady. Given that the nut is so close to the outer rim of the camber plate, i can't fit an offset wrench + vise grips.

Anyone have any idea on how to tighten the thing w/o having to take the strut assembly out?

thanks !

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
When I had Konis, which had a hex head on top of the shaft, I was able to use a 19mm wrench to hold the strut nut while I loosened it by turning the hex on the shaft. However, after many many adjustments, those hex heads on the shaft stripped off.

Does your KYB have a hex head on the shaft?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope. The strut is top adjust, its like a plastic knob on top where you fit a mini screwdriver. The only way to hold the piston, that i can see at least, is to use vise grips on the top, where there are two flattened sides.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts