Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay here's the scoop, I'm lowered about 1.6 running on KW springs. I went the cheap way out and bought the rear camber bolts with little to no success. After much deliberation I chose to buy the entire adjustable camber arms for an even more extreme adjustment. Now I have no idea which one to go with, the SPC curved arms or the HTP tubular arms, both are roughly the same price I just don't know what the difference is.
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

·
coffee, have some
5,971 Posts
The obvious choice would be the HTP. The tubes are much more stronger.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
There not the same thing. The SPF arms are the UPPER arms. Used to adjust camber. The HTP tubular arms are the LOWER arms, used for toe. Note the curve in the SPF arms? This is for frame clearance. I have the SPF upper arms btw. There built pretty solid. Can be a bugger to adjust (not hard, just trying to get 2 wrenches placed can tax ones patience!)

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
Just do both and be super pimp :D

·
Registered
42 Posts
The HTP replace the lower dog-bone arm. The SPC replaces the blade arm. You could do both, but that would be...silly. I have the SPC arms, but have been considering the HTP for a while now.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sooo... which one would all you Focus people choose?

·
Registered
461 Posts
I have the curved arms on, just recently got them. My tires stand straight up for the first time, ever. I love them. :)

·
Registered
626 Posts
if the upper arm adjust camber and the lower adjusts toe, why would it be silly to replace both??? im looking to make an autox machine so im really curious

·
Registered
461 Posts
Well, I don't know about the other ones, but it would seem like you would gain something by buying two different products, right? I just know the ladies compliment my fantastic upper control arms all the time; they love them! :)

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Its not silly to get both, they just do diff things. Your original post worded it as that you thought they did the same thing.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts