Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought and installed Boush Platnium +4 spark plugs for my focus a few weeks back. It turns out the shop I bought them from thought I had an SOHC engine but its a DOHC. I would not have even know except for the fact that the last week when I went back to order better plug wires and they gave me some that would not fit at all. Honestly, I have did not notice any rough idleing or anything till after they told me. But today I did notice a brief second of a very low .. not too rough of an idle but it did make my car shake some. Right after I put in my new chip I noticed the samething (this was a few months back however).... my question is do I have to worry about engine damage from the mess up in plugs?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
You should be fine with those plugs. Make sure they are gapped right (I believe it's .56). As far as the idle, most Foci have a wavering idle, with it hovering between 600-900. It drops a lot when your AC kicks on or when you turn the wheel. It may even make your lights flicker a bit. This is normal for the Focus. If you do a search, you'll find numerous threads talking about this.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts